Today makes 6 months

/ Today makes 6 months #1  

Tdog

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX22
The end of February makes 6 months since I retired. I was a little worried about being bored - - but I'm far from it. I've got so many things done, more in progess, & still more on the horizon.

No regrets here. I do miss the people & the hub bub from my office, but having the freedom to do what you want when you want is great. I've even let myself get hooked on Spider Solitaire - - a nasty thief of time.

Have you ever heard of anyone who regretted retiring? Can't imagine it.

/ Today makes 6 months #2  
glad you are enjoying your retirement, i retired about 18 months ago, NEVER REGRETTED one day. i personally enjoy doing what i want when i want, especially in the winter, can just laze aroung (if i want) read, PLOW SNOW , sell on ebay, take the wife out for lunch. In summer i am out most of the time working in the yard etc. I guess some would be bored, but i am not. I JUST ENJOY THE TOTAL FREEDOM. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Today makes 6 months #3  
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. That's what's supposed to happen! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've got 95 working days until I'm retired. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Getting there! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've been thinking a lot about it, and I think one of the things that may be the most difficult to get used to is breaking away from the idea that something has to get done RIGHT now. We're going to be doing some traveling, and I'm really looking forward to coming across someplace that we enjoy and deciding to stay a few extra days - just because we can! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

THAT"s what I'm looking forward to.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Have you ever heard of anyone who regretted retiring? )</font>

Actually, yes I did. I knew this guy who retired because his wife told him to. He about went nuts, and he drove her even more nuts. He just wasn't ready for it. After about 9 months, he found himself another job and was a happy camper for the next 5 years. Then he retired and enjoyed it! Go figure! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Today makes 6 months #4  
My mom retired for a couple of months and went back to work due to bordom. Part time for awhile and now back to full time. However, she can and does, take time off when ever she wants/needs to. I guess they really like her /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Gerard

/ Today makes 6 months #5  
Can't retire. Too many expensive hobbies, like tractors, tractors, tractors, pickups, and eating. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Today makes 6 months #6  
Today marks 5 months of retirement. Although my last day of work was August 16th. I can't think of what would make me go back to a job. Retirement is enough work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Today makes 6 months #7  
Today marks my 20 years, 7 months and 22 days till I am eligble to retire.

There I feel so much better now, knowing I am so close. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I should start planning for it.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Today makes 6 months #8  
I believe that I can retire somewhere around 2032 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif if I remember correctly.
Personally I think that middle age stinks. You can't wait to retire and you also want to go back 20 years /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Gerard

/ Today makes 6 months #9  
Retired '80 till '89, went back to work till Jan '04 and retiring again, back first time, shoulder this time. Retirement would be great without the pain.

/ Today makes 6 months #10  
<font color="blue"> Today marks my 20 years, 7 months and 22 days till I am eligble to retire. </font>

Hee hee, I've been here 18 years and only have 23 more to go! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif