TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,321  
Re: holsters I like my Belly Band. It helps support my bad back and no need to thread thru belt loops. Easy on/off. And since I carried a Glock and before that an H&K P7M8 I'm used to one in the pipe and me being the safety.

And I always have a couple loaded around the house. The dogs are just advance notice alarms, the locks deter or slow down the unlikely intruder. An unloaded gun is just a paperweight.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,322  
s2s, Exactly. "YMMV" I wear my shirts tucked in. No holster works for me for CC. I've never snagged a striker when coming out of a pocket, never pull out except when practicing, and don't carry when I go to Flint. I carry open only for yard work, .22 LR DA revo or Super-Comanche single-shot .410.

Roy, I believe the amount of ammo that needs to be on hand is directly proportional to one's statistical likelihood of being out-numbered. Doesn't matter if it's invading foreign hoards, jack-booted troops marching down Main street, or the most likely of all our neighbors. :coffee:
Yep, my shirts are always tucked in as well. Why not in Flint? I also open carry around my property, usually my PMR.
And your last paragraph disappointed me, no mention of Zombies at all!! :D

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,325  
s2s, Exactly. "YMMV" I wear my shirts tucked in. No holster works for me for CC. I've never snagged a striker when coming out of a pocket, never pull out except when practicing, and don't carry when I go to Flint. I carry open only for yard work, .22 LR DA revo or Super-Comanche single-shot .410.
Although I carry a full size semi-auto (or "compact", which really isn't much smaller) occasionally, most often it'll be a small .38SPL revolver (Taurus 85 Ultralight), 9mm (Kahr CW9) or a Kahr CW380 (in warm weather only) . These are lightweight and fit easily in a pocket holster (my most common method) although I do have a Vedder IWB holster for the CW380.
The times I carry a full sized pistol (a Ruger SR9C, BTW), I'll wear a safari vest (aka "photographer's vest") as a covering garment.
At my age, I don't wear tight jeans...relaxed fit, cargo pants, or slacks (concealability depends on the material weight)

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,327  
I never had luck with pocket carry, guns always get too dirty too fast. Seems like a piece of hay could get blown accross downtown Atlanta and land right in the pocket the gun was in….landing on top of all the other hair/fuzz/dirt/whatever that was already glued to the gun.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,328  
I never had luck with pocket carry, guns always get too dirty too fast. Seems like a piece of hay could get blown across downtown Atlanta and land right in the pocket the gun was in….landing on top of all the other hair/fuzz/dirt/whatever that was already glued to the gun.
Decent pocket holster keeps the lint out

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,330  
I just put an adjustable gas block on my AR-10 and AR-15 to help with shooting suppressed. Between the suppressor and the adjustable gas block, it makes a big difference in managing recoil on the .308. I used the Superlative Arms bleed-off gas blocks.

I also need to develop a lighter .308 round for shooting pigs. When you get a sounder, it's nice to be able to have more manageable recoil so you can get more rounds on targets as they start scattering about. Deciding between sticking with 150 gr bullets, or I might drop to 130 or 125 gr. Leaning towards the lighter bullets so I can keep the velocity higher. The old saying, speed kills, applies.
Anyone have any recipes?