TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,832  
For home defense, a revolver is still the weapon of choice. It can sit for years, and as a double action and near always fire on the first round. It is a very simple device, with 99% that it will work. And all home invasion events point to A Gun shot that scared the Perps off. I have a whole bunch of guns of use as my private protection. These are all guns that work. But the revlover is what you want as a long term, put it away device, and never wonder if the springs in your auto loader are rusty or weak.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,833  
That may fit the bill.
I've shot one and planned on buying one...they were hard to find for a while.
Time to look again, I think...
Another one...Ruger LCR in .22. I'm a big fan of Ruger, but not a fan of DAO revolvers

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,834  
For home defense, a revolver is still the weapon of choice. It can sit for years, and as a double action and near always fire on the first round. It is a very simple device, with 99% that it will work. And all home invasion events point to A Gun shot that scared the Perps off. I have a whole bunch of guns of use as my private protection. These are all guns that work. But the revlover is what you want as a long term, put it away device, and never wonder if the springs in your auto loader are rusty or weak.
I told my MIL if someone sees a gun in your hand, they have a couple of choices. Generally they don't debate the possible caliber your gun is and how much harm it could do to you...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,835  
A police friend of mine said, after being shot by both a 22 and a 9 mil, he said the 22 was worst. Maybe not in stopping power, but it bounced all the bones on his body, and caused more later long term damage. The 9 was a much more clear trajectory through his body. He survived both being a Baltimore, MD, Cop. He got out of being a Police Man, because he didn't want to be shot by a 22 again.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,836  
Quick web search as I had no clue what one was, looks like a single six although I didn't open up a page.

Ironically enough, the revolver I had her try was a single six.
It’s basically an aluminum single-six…or whatever it it’s made of. Shockingly accurate. Obviously not built like a single six but it’s also not $600.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,837  
Actually, the best home defense is living in the country away from people.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,838  
A police friend of mine said, after being shot by both a 22 and a 9 mil, he said the 22 was worst. Maybe not in stopping power, but it bounced all the bones on his body, and caused more later long term damage. The 9 was a much more clear trajectory through his body.
I…

Never mind.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,839  
Reality is being she's over 70, I highly doubt she'll be looking at reloading for a carry pistol. After not being able to work the slide on a .22 semi, can't see the S&W being any easier.
The EZ mechanism specifically reduces the effort required to rack the slide. Built for folks with weaker hands.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,840  
Is your real name Joe?