TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #591  
Tanfoglio P9. I used to have one. Sort of a CZ75 clone more or less, made in Italy.
Correct......imported for and by Springfield armory from 1990 to 1993
Looks to be un-fired.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #592  
Correct......imported for and by Springfield armory from 1990 to 1993
Looks to be un-fired.

I think mine was a little newer, imported by EAA, and had black plastic grips. Might not have been finished quite as nice either.. I was thinking mine was parkerized...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #593  
A lot of guys had them in 9x21 and we used them in USPSA competition. Mine was in 9x19. I shot it in limited for a year or two, before switching to my .40

083112 007.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #594  
One really has to be careful with pricing of guns. My neighbor had an old revolver, I don't know the model number but it is rare WWII relic that was tooled to shoot .45 ACP because Colt couldn't make enough of the 1911's. He tried to sell it at gun show for $200. Luckily a guy came by and told him he was way underpriced. He checked and said the gun value was over $2000. It was sure lucky that the honest man told him rather than buying it up cheap. I think a lot of folks would have just snapped it up quickly.

Buying a gun is a lot like buying a car.

If you buy it as an investment, you'll never use it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #595  
I think mine was a little newer, imported by EAA, and had black plastic grips. Might not have been finished quite as nice either.. I was thinking mine was parkerized...
It has a corrosion resistant finish but It's not like parkerized. it may be the "Wonder finish" but I'm not sure. It's sa,da 16+1
This gun made sense at that time because of a tariff on guns imported from the Czech republic and the great reputation of the CZ-75 as an improvement on the Hi power design. The tariff or tax was later lifted and CZ's products quickly became available, so the P9 no longer made sense for Springfield. The gun was marketed as an easily available IPSC candidate in 9mm.
It's hard to say what it's worth because there are so few on the market. It it's not valuable by any sense. I did not really know what it was when I made what I considered to be a low, off hand remark about it's value...next thing I knew it was mine. I like it. I was looking for a 75-B and wanted to get one before the election....for the obvious reasons. I can check that one off my list.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #596  
My grandfather was a commanding officer in a Calvary unit, and he brought one of those daggers home.
It was going to be passed on to me, but my cousin stole it and probably traded it for a bag of weed.
At least I still have his sword.

What a shame. It helped me a little to ease the frustration by finding a similar replacement to buy.

IMG_0447 (1024x768).jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #597  
A 9mm is a great CCW firearm...recoil is quite manageable. I assume you have a Glock 19? That's my favorite carry pistol.

Actually I have the 26 (the "baby" Glock) I just like the smaller form factor. Much more concealable in my opinion. Yes the 9mm has a good trade between recoil and stopping power.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #598  
Got to take a tour of Douglas Barrel today (Premium Barrel manufacture) - really interesting to see how firearm barrels are made. Great bunch of guys over there and I really appreciated that they took time to give us a tour and teach us about the process.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #600  
Love the Python. Can't see pulling the trigger on that one. Too many other tools to procure. ones the produce something. :D

I don't have a Python but I do have my Dad's Colt Trooper Mk III from where he was a policeman. .357 5".

I also have my uncles 6" Security Six.