TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,311  
For suppressors, I can 100% say a 22" bolt 223 is Way more quite (or less loud technically) the a 16" gas Grendel. The 22" 223 is fairly pleasant with out ear pro, similar to a full length rifle 22lr, but the 6.5Grendel gas gun is a ear pro must. Probably more on par with a 22 pistol, or a 9mm carbine.
A gas gun cannot compare to a bolt gun suppressed. That bolt moves using the same expanding gasses that suppressor is trying to catch. Can’t slow them down if they’re not going out the end of the muzzle. Special forces actually made a Ruger semi .22 that would lock shut for dispatching guard dogs I believe. I know it was called the hush puppy.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,312  
Anyone ever used the Ruger PCC? I'm thinking about getting one. I don't need a long gun with a ton of range given the wooded nature of most of my land. It can share clips with my Glock. In comes in .40 and 9mm.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,313  
Anyone ever used the Ruger PCC? I'm thinking about getting one. I don't need a long gun with a ton of range given the wooded nature of most of my land. It can share clips with my Glock. In comes in .40 and 9mm.
I didnt know it came in 40S&W, but I would definitely buy it in 9mm. Even now, 9mm FMJs are coming back down in price, and increasing in availability. I havent shoot one, but they are on the list of guns that interest me. I dont really need the take down feature, but that might interest you.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,314  
I want the charger with a brace real bad. Had 10-22's all my life and I think a 9mm would be pretty awesome.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,315  
I didnt know it came in 40S&W, but I would definitely buy it in 9mm. Even now, 9mm FMJs are coming back down in price, and increasing in availability. I havent shoot one, but they are on the list of guns that interest me. I dont really need the take down feature, but that might interest you.
As long as they would feed reliably and have a decent magazine, I'd buy a .45ACP in heartbeat.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,316  
A gas gun cannot compare to a bolt gun suppressed. That bolt moves using the same expanding gasses that suppressor is trying to catch. Can’t slow them down if they’re not going out the end of the muzzle. Special forces actually made a Ruger semi .22 that would lock shut for dispatching guard dogs I believe. I know it was called the hush puppy.
End of day, it's the bolt slamming during operation that makes the most noise when shooting suppressed using subsonic ammo in .22LR. Not trying to be a smart arse, just you didn't speciffically mention that, and someone not familiar with the issue may not realize that.

When I first tried out my Smith .22LR in a AR look alike (forgot the model number), I couldn't believe how loud it was shooting it. It wasn't until my boy shot it that I figured out it was the bolt making the noise LOL

What I've found is anything less than 800FPS wouldn't cycle the action. Anything between 1,000-1,100 FPS, action would always cycle.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,317  
729A1D8D-7D24-48F2-8E20-7F8391841167.jpeg
Sigarms, this is probably the Smith AR style you’re thinking of.
Mine is the M&P 15-22, as you said it’s action noise is a bit surprising while shooting suppressed.

Mike

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,318  
Sea2summit here’s my charger, folding brace and binary trigger, it can’t be shot without a huge grin on your face.
Currently one of my favorite guns.

Mike
1F0D4C8F-D1FA-4EC2-BE0C-A12233B319A3.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,320  
They (Charger) are or were difficult to find. I bought two through RKguns (Rural king) My brother and I were both on the hunt for one. I watched RKguns (online) as often as possible and after a few weeks I scored two. Worth a try if Rural King is in your area.

Mike