TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,521  
No, too dang heavy. 5 lbs of pistol you may as well carry a shotgun.
With a good holster you hardly know its there..

Shotgun is way more unwieldly and difficult in comparison.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,522  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,523  
So any suggestions on a small/smooth pocket carry pistol?? I bought a Springfield 911 , my first 9mm, and its a bit too heavy. I wont (probably) need quick deployment gun, I dont really go anywhere shady anymore, just something light that I can carry around just in case. Looked at a Ruger LCP yesterday, nice size and weight, not sure about the 380 though! You guys have any good suggestions?
I used to carry an Officer's model Colt 1911 which is a little smaller than the 1911. My bride after going thru several options ended up with the Sig P238 and loves it. A spare magazine slipped thru a hole in the lining of her purse and got found by xray at the airport. I went on the hunt to replace the mag and found a better deal by buying a whole gun with 7 mags. I now carry that extra P238 and am happy with the trade. As far as knockdown, the only thing I have tried it on real life was 4 armadillos that I ran up on out back. I took five shots, one extremely hurried as one of the dillo's ran at me. Three dillo's were down, the fourth left with a blood trail, but my shooting erupted a bunch of phone calls from friends and family nearby and I didn't get to locate the fourth one.
Don't rule out 380 as an easy to carry piece with enough knockdown.
David from jax

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20190919-154508_Messages.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20190919-154508_Messages.jpeg
    707.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,524  
WWI started after Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated ... with a .380ACP.
Mahatma Gandhi was also assassinated with a .380ACP.

Don't let anyone tell you that it won't work as a defensive round. A .380ACP +P is roughly the equivalent of a .38 Special, which has been killing people dead for over 120 years.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,525  

Don't let anyone tell you that it won't work as a defensive round. A .380ACP +P is roughly the equivalent of a .38 Special, which has been killing people dead for over 120 years.
Thats true, but with the P365 and Hellcat/Hellfire, whatever its called, you can have a 9mm Luger/Para with 10 rounds in the size of many of the 380s. The LCP and the Kel Tec 380s are true sub compacts by any measurements. Honestly, the KelTec P32 is roughly the thickness of an average smart phone in a rubber case. I know its not a lot of fire power, but the P32, you could carry with duct tape on your thigh, its that small.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,526  
Back to the original question of a nice, small, EDC pistol, although I personally haven't shoot it, the Sig P365 handles very nice, while still being in a pretty nice size category. I personally have a Taurus PT111, which has a great size and feel to carry, but shoots like a turd, with the worse trigger possible. That being said, I would see how the trigger feels on whatever you chose.

Another major factor, do you want a manual safety or not.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,527  

You can be killed with a 22LR....that does not make it a good choice. I hate these kinds of arguments.

Look, common sense is to use the most powerful caliber you can shoot accurately and carry comfortably. And use the right bullet.

And as to killing someone, you will be under attack...not killing an unarmed person as the examples given. Your attacker better have a baseball bat, knife or gun or you are going to jail. So having your attacker die in 30 seconds or 30 minutes may not save your life. You need to neutralize the threat before he/she gets to you or your loved ones.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,528  
Thats true, but with the P365 and Hellcat/Hellfire, whatever its called, you can have a 9mm Luger/Para with 10 rounds in the size of many of the 380s. The LCP and the Kel Tec 380s are true sub compacts by any measurements. Honestly, the KelTec P32 is roughly the thickness of an average smart phone in a rubber case. I know its not a lot of fire power, but the P32, you could carry with duct tape on your thigh, its that small.
I'm looking to lose weight, that Sig P365 is 17.8 oz, about 10 oz heavier than the RCP Max and a couple oz heavier than my Springfield 911..

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,529  
You can be killed with a 22LR....that does not make it a good choice. I hate these kinds of arguments.

Look, common sense is to use the most powerful caliber you can shoot accurately and carry comfortably. And use the right bullet.

And as to killing someone, you will be under attack...not killing an unarmed person as the examples given. Your attacker better have a baseball bat, knife or gun or you are going to jail. So having your attacker die in 30 seconds or 30 minutes may not save your life. You need to neutralize the threat before he/she gets to you or your loved ones.
I agree completely... I wish my PMR30 was of a smaller stature, its weight is good but its too long and tall for a pocket gun..30-22mags would make a great defensive weapon!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,530  
My only other dilemma with this is if I get a 380... I have no ammo for it. I still have a set of dies for one I had long ago that I gave to my daughter, but no ready to go ammo and maybe a 100 or so rounds of brass, lots of primers and powder but no projectiles either... so that is all part of the search as well.