TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,941  
Had one of the original LCPs, didn't much care for that pistol
My Wife has one of the original version. It had a lot of failures-to-feed when she first got it. Seemed the magazine was too loose in the well, and would move with only moderate pressure from squeezing the grip. Eventually sent it in to Ruger, and they fixed it no charge. No idea what they did, but I am hard pressed to get that magazine to move now.

I still don't like shooting it, because it's just too small for my hand. She shoots it well, though, and now has enough confidence in it to carry it, as was the intent of the purchase in the first place. She still prefers her M&P Shield 9, but the LCP usually makes more sense in summer clothing.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,942  
My Wife has one of the original version. It had a lot of failures-to-feed when she first got it. Seemed the magazine was too loose in the well, and would move with only moderate pressure from squeezing the grip. Eventually sent it in to Ruger, and they fixed it no charge. No idea what they did, but I am hard pressed to get that magazine to move now.

I still don't like shooting it, because it's just too small for my hand. She shoots it well, though, and now has enough confidence in it to carry it, as was the intent of the purchase in the first place. She still prefers her M&P Shield 9, but the LCP usually makes more sense in summer clothing.
Micro-pistols aren't fun guns, but they do serve a purpose for some people. If I want fun, I'll grab one of the Ruger Mark IV pistols or a Ruger Vaquero .357...or a rifle (most often a 10/22). Those are fun to shoot, but I wouldn't use any of them for carry.
Me? I can't see how anyone would want to carry one of those North American Arms mini-22LR SA revolvers. Those are really, seriously, tiny...and, no trigger guard.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,943  
Me? I can't see how anyone would want to carry one of those North American Arms mini-22LR SA revolvers. Those are really, seriously, tiny...and, no trigger guard.
Wife has one of those, too (the .22 magnum version). She never carries it, though ... not the least of reasons being it's a rimfire, but she inherited it from her late uncle, so it's kind of a keepsake to her. It is interesting trying to shoot one of those things.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,944  
I think you’d be shocked at how fun it is! It’s not something you want to shoot 100s of rounds a session with for sure, but boy is it fun.
Honestly, owned the same caliber, a little larger frame wise but a lot heavier, and it still really wasn't fun to own/shoot. I thought it was just me. Turned out other guys really didn't think it was fun as well.

Now, with a .44 in a 8" barrel and being heavier, that's another story...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,946  
Personally I see no reason for .380 to even exist anymore with possibly the exception for very small people with very small hands. Most .380s are identical to their 9MM stable mates in size and weight. The only difference being recoil and the weight of the individual cartridges.

And with 9MM having 66% more energy it's no choice.
I used to carry bigger guns. Wife went thru about four different ones before She found an semi auto that she could easily grab the slide and chamber a round. Friend has a Sig P238 that I borrowed and Wife liked it, so I bought her one. She let the spare mag get confiscated by tsa because it slipped into a hole in the lining of her purse and She didn't see it when She thru her purse. I went looking for a replacement and found another gun with 7 spare mags at a great price. I bought it, tried it and decided I liked it better than my Colt Officers 1911. At the time, ammo for both were available so I bought plenty. I can practice without my hands hurting after a couple of hours of shooting. When it comes to self defense, 7 rounds of 380 or 7 rounds of 45, either one will make a difference over not having anything at all, and there is no way my Wife is carrying anything that kicks harder than a 380. Only way to decrease the recoil is to reduce the load or increase the weight or change the mechanical advantage of the user. None of these is a good idea as far as my Wife is concerned, so She has her .380 and I carry one that She can use should something happen to me, or if She runs out of ammo, my mags fit her gun.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,947  
Seeking H'dy 123 & 129 pills eventually. Have unassigned scopes for various uses ... someday.

Meanwhile, any half-decent optic will help me work up loads. $20/bx steel Russian FMJs promise nothing accuracy wise, but .350 Legend groups won't be hard to beat.

So, here's thermal, IR NV, 36 color illum reticle & side focus, 3-9x56 (6.2 mm exit pupil at 9x for low light), and SIONYX Aurora has inverted mode and rail mount to hang under the HG for recoil activated color video even in moonlight.

btw, making any more salad with the .357 B&D?
Nice glassware!
As far as the B&D, I have it all cleaned up and ready to dance, just can't get hooked up with my shooting buddy to make it shine. With a little luck, I will get to shoot it this weekend, otherwise it might be a while! There is a good chance I may be going back to work next week.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,948  
My goal is to find a carry gun my wife (who is not an enthusiastic shooter) will be comfortable picking up and using in an emergency.
A Glock 43X may fit the bill. A 2/3 scale single stack 9mm Glock with 10 round mags, though an aftermarket company sells 15 round mags for it.

If she finds charging it too difficult a small .38 revolver may also fit that bill. Ruger LCR or similar S&W.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,949  
If she finds charging it too difficult a small .38 revolver may also fit that bill. Ruger LCR or similar S&W.
The issue is a 38 special is a useless round that can't stop your attacker. Everyone knows that the 9MM is superior to the .38 special or the .380 ACP, and that the .45 is even a more superior round to the 9mm for "stopping power".

I'm being facetious. As I've gotten older when it comes to guns for self preservation, I've come to the conclusion that the caliber is irrelevant, what is the most important variable is what YOU feel comfortable with and what YOU shoot the best with. Too may "gun experts" try to tell other people what THEY feel "at best" with what caliber they are proficient at minimum with IMO (because we should all know people high on drugs need at least a .45 to take them down).

YOU pull out a gun do you really think that your attacker is going to try to figure out what caliber you have? And yes, I understand that the people high on meath wearing how many inches of denim may not go down with center mass shot or leg shots.

BTW, my wife is not a gun person, but the KISS method works best, and IMO a .38 revolver is the perfect choice for keeping it simple.

That said, the member here from SC kind of talked me into a PMR30 (22 magnum). Bought the gun, love the gun, and wouldn't think twice for using it for conceal carry (if I can't stop you with 30 rounds, 1 round in a bigger caliber isn't going to make much difference IMO LMAO). However, muzzle flash and "boom" on that gun is pretty strong IMO for someone new to firearms.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,950  
If your post was actually worth the time to make something up funny on how ignorant you were (IMO) I would do it.

You know what they say, small hands = a small *****...(hopefully you get the gist, we can substitute cars for guns per condoms)... 🤣

The bigger question becomes what you would rather for self defense, a blade or .22LR
View attachment 718952
Your post was making some sense, until you posted a picture with Donald *****'s ***** length.
Totally stupid...totally inappropriate