TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,511  
Paul,

I think that new round is called the .30 Super Carry. It runs a 50k psi. Looks like a dead duck to me. No LEO department will adopt it. Military will stay with the 9mm to comply with NATO.

If anyone buys one, they better get a few thousand cases. I bet in 5 years they will be hard to get and expensive.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,512  
Deer season has ended, was to cold to go outside and play so I cleaned some guns and stuff we used recently. Waxed mine and my wife's xbow string and cables. She shot her first deer with a crossbow from our woods with it. Cleaned both .243 rifles hers and mine. She also shot a big deer with hers. Cleaned her 20ga shotgun, many squirrels and rabbits for the pot with it. And cleaned my .410 T/C Contender pistol also many squirrels and rabbits as well.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,514  
Not today but I ordered a high pressure air compressor and a Crosman C362 pellet gun the other day, they got shipped today though... expected delivery next Thursday... For one I'm a sucker for a sale, the compressor was a factory refurb, and refurb was 20% off from pyramid air... and the C362 is new but has good specs and I'm a sucker for a pump airgun... this one has good specs though and sounds impressive... .22 cal and 3 pumps should give around 450fps from what I've read so far... that's enough for feathered pests or general plinking, and .22 pellets are easy to pick up and load compared to .177... and $100 isn't what it used to be... the compressor was significantly more than that but it will fill my SCUBA bottle or my HPA guns directly, I've only had a hand pump so far which is annoying pumping to 4500psi like my Airgun Venturi Avenger takes... will likely pull the PCP's out more often now...

Oh, and the other day I put a Volquartsen extractor in my 10/22, and a Badger Ordinance extended charge handle latch on my AR...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,515  
Oh, and the other day I put a Volquartsen extractor in my 10/22, ...
I love plinking with 10/22's. Mine has a Brownells railed receiver, Shilen sporter barrel, hogue stock, BX trigger and Nikon rimfire scope with the 150BDC reticle (I really wish they still made those scopes, I could use another on a 17 HMR). It's an unbelievable shooter, I'm a real fan of Shilen barrels.

The only thing I have left to do is retrofit the bolt release and it will be perfect.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,516  
I love plinking with 10/22's. Mine has a Brownells railed receiver, Shilen sporter barrel, hogue stock, BX trigger and Nikon rimfire scope with the 150BDC reticle (I really wish they still made those scopes, I could use another on a 17 HMR). It's an unbelievable shooter, I'm a real fan of Shilen barrels.

The only thing I have left to do is retrofit the bolt release and it will be perfect.
So, how much Ruger will be left, after all that?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,517  
I was thinking the same thing, Roy. Sounds like he threw out the Ruger and replaced it with a parts gun. :LOL:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,518  
I was thinking the same thing, Roy. Sounds like he threw out the Ruger and replaced it with a parts gun. :LOL:
I've got a couple 10/22's...think the only thing I've replaced was the buffer pins. A steel pin in an aluminum housing ain't (IMO) such a good idea. May have swapped out some other stuff too, but the barrels are stock.
One thing I'd really like to do is replace the barrel of my take-down (great rifle!!) with the integral suppressor barrel
These are available now, but I understand the ATF is dragging their feet on approvals

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,519  
They really are a great little rifle. Wife has a stock carbine, and it's a great shooter. I admit that I have often thought of getting another just to tinker with. Like an AR, there's almost nothing you can't do to one.

I live in Illinois. Don't get me started on firearms-related footdragging (still waiting for my CCW renewal to be processed 18 months later) 🤬.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,520  
I had a 10/22, nice gun, just didn't bond with it. I much prefer a Mossberg 341 for my ..22 rimfire rifle