TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,501  
The only pistol caliber I love shooting with a can is a .45

Round IMO is a natural for can use because it's subsonic to begin with and you don't loose velocity with bullet weight.

I've given up running a 9 with a can just due to your comment about "high test", and at that point, just rather use around a 10" barrel on a AR for small rifle work with a can vs high test 9mm through a can.

As far as the thread/pitch on threaded barrels on pistols, generally most handgun cans will have a choice of pistons to use with the can per the threaded barrel. My one oddball pistol for threads is the H&K.

What I will buy in a heartbeat is a non AR looking PCC that will use a .45ACP preferably with a wood stock. Finally at the point where I have enough black guns.
Agreed on the .45, at 850 fps it's a gem. Again I can agree with 9mm, the round was dreamed up to be high velocity and there for unlikley a cannidate for subsonic work.

My entire argument was for a can to play all roles. As long as the origional diameter matches the caliber desired, also, utilize subsonic ammo' a smaller diameter projectile will suppress as well.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,503  
Agreed on the .45, at 850 fps it's a gem. Again I can agree with 9mm, the round was dreamed up to be high velocity and there for unlikley a cannidate for subsonic work.

My entire argument was for a can to play all roles. As long as the origional diameter matches the caliber desired, also, utilize subsonic ammo' a smaller diameter projectile will suppress as well.
I found suppressors exactly like golf clubs when I use to play golf. Like golf clubs, there is exactly no one club/can that is great at everything, and each club/can was designed with a specific purpose which it excels at over the others.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,504  
Maybe I’m a weirdo but my favorite suppressed caliber is .308.
Please note I stated "favorite pistol" caliber 😉

As dumb as this sounds, I have 2 favorite suppressed calibers to shoot.

1 -.22LR for plinking out back. There is something to taking a small child out back with a suppressed cricket and see their eyes light up when they think they are shooting a bb gun. That look in their eyes IMO is priceless.

2 - .300 win mag as odd as that sounds. Have a good rifle suppressor, and IMO the only thing you're really dealing with / picking up is the sonic crack (which hearing protection should be used for anyway, but two small wet balls of toilet paper really works wonders at that point 😂 ).

The irony is I really thought my favorite round would be the .300 blackout. Then it hit me like a brick wall after a while that keeping calibers limited to subsonic speeds for noise reduction is a disservice to the caliber. Don't get me wrong, I understand the role of the .300 blackout for military use, but for hunting larger animals at subsonic speeds, it's not for me.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#10,505  
Simple answer?
I am still trying to talk the better half into a Hi-point 10mm carbine for :poop: and Giggles, she see's right through my shenanigans the moment I mention the caliber. I think the end of the conversation starts with : "You need a 10mm like you need...."
But, but, at least it is a 10mm hole...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,506  
Please note I stated "favorite pistol" caliber 😉

As dumb as this sounds, I have 2 favorite suppressed calibers to shoot.

1 -.22LR for plinking out back. There is something to taking a small child out back with a suppressed cricket and see their eyes light up when they think they are shooting a bb gun. That look in their eyes IMO is priceless.

2 - .300 win mag as odd as that sounds. Have a good rifle suppressor, and IMO the only thing you're really dealing with / picking up is the sonic crack (which hearing protection should be used for anyway, but two small wet balls of toilet paper really works wonders at that point 😂 ).

The irony is I really thought my favorite round would be the .300 blackout. Then it hit me like a brick wall after a while that keeping calibers limited to subsonic speeds for noise reduction is a disservice to the caliber. Don't get me wrong, I understand the role of the .300 blackout for military use, but for hunting larger animals at subsonic speeds, it's not for me.
.308 pistol, hold my beer:devilish:

Okay, for pistol I'll have to agree .45. Regarding 9mm, .40 is actually much quitter and softer "tone" IMHO. Suppressed .45 is my go to horse putter downer, I should start scratching in the score on the grip or on the tractor.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,508  
.40 also leaves a 10mm hole...and way easier to find ammo for than 10 or 9 in my AO anyway.
I like .40 for CC. About the same size as the 9mm, I'm used to it, and I have boxes of left-over hollow points.

For plinking I like .22 at cans filled with water, or 7.62x39 at cinderblocks or bricks.

IMO all guns are fun to shoot; it's a question of cost and availability of the ammo. My friend reloads .45ACP and 9mm in bulk so he shoots his Gatling gun and 90 round AR carbine more than most people would.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,510  
Any folks interested in trades for long guns? I have a couple with optics that may be interested in a new home.
What state do you reside in? Generally FTF trade (as far as following local state laws) is a lot less hassle than shipping between 2 FFL's across state lines along with the "trust factor" (although to be honest with you, I don't think I'd worry to much about the integrity of most of our members here).

Generally if I'm looking at trading or buying something, I go to my local state gun forums in the selling section to see what may be up for sale / trade.

Although I don't live in Arizona, I did find this forum pretty easy 5 minutes ago and can see what's up for sale or trade.

My guess is if you want to trade something, you'll have better luck locally.

C.png

Funny story that never happened to me before in my life and will most likely never happen again. I'm a member of a particular gun forum, and a guy had a rifle for sale from Alaska. Apparently there was me and another guy interested in his 2k rifle. The guy selling the rifle got me confused with the other guy, and shipped it to my FFL. Thing is I NEVER paid for the rifle. I called the guy in Alaska, and he said he got me confused with the other guy, and to shoot it, and if I like it, pay him. I shot it, liked it, and mailed him a check (at that point who cares if it's a certified check LOL and the check didn't bounce). Thing is, the other guy who apparently bought it was kind of pissed off (rightfully so IMO if I were in his shoes, but like myself, he didn't actually pay for the rifle before it shipped). I emailed the guy who should of got the rifle in the first place and told him the only right thing to do was sell him the rifle for what I paid for it, and I'd ship it to his FFL. He declined my offer but was thankful that I made him that offer.

Last edited: