TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,641  
What bill? All I know is an ATF RULE, not an actual bill of law.

SBR have been a NFA item a long time just like suppressors, I am not aware of any changes.
Go to the Smith ad Wesson Forum and read about it. Poster Marc explains it all on there.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,642  
Anyone using or tried a

Teslong Rifle Borescope, Bore Camera Gun Cleaning Camera?​

They are about $50 on Amazon and seem to get a lot of good reviews.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,643  
If I get a time out…hopefully those that see it get a snicker out of it. I sure did.
1526B40F-F032-4191-86DA-C54FBBB8AFBD.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,644  
Last night I decided to go through my tote of brass and sort things out. I have a large tote filled with all sorts of brass, mostly in bags already separated out by caliber. I had a rule at one point that nothing goes in there without first being deprimed and tumbled. That rule has been bent/broken a few times. :censored:

While going through these bags of brass, I found one that looked a bit odd. In black sharpie with my handwriting near the top of the bag was a clear "30-06" label. But what was inside seemed a bit smaller than 30-06. I pulled one of the pieces out and it said "6mm Rem." I don't have a 6mm Remington! I've never had a 6mm Remington! Where did these come from?!?!?! I even checked the safes to see if maybe I do in fact have a 6mm Rem that I forgot I had! 😳🤣

After a bit of googling, I found that its really easy to resize them to 308. Since I also reload 308, looks like I have 20 new pieces of 308!

But kinda weird. Someone must have given them to me, but why would I mark them wrong? I consider myself quite intelligent, especially when it comes to firearms and reloading. Just very weird! My wife would argue my intelligence level, but thats another topic! 😁

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,645  
Fire form to .30 or can you just run them through with an expander ball? Big jump from 243 to 30, I’ve gone from 30 to 264 but never up in size. Going down you gain neck thickness which helps somethings, going up you’ll loose it so I’d be curious about a measurement before and after to see how much.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,646  
Last night I decided to go through my tote of brass and sort things out. I have a large tote filled with all sorts of brass, mostly in bags already separated out by caliber. I had a rule at one point that nothing goes in there without first being deprimed and tumbled. That rule has been bent/broken a few times. :censored:

While going through these bags of brass, I found one that looked a bit odd. In black sharpie with my handwriting near the top of the bag was a clear "30-06" label. But what was inside seemed a bit smaller than 30-06. I pulled one of the pieces out and it said "6mm Rem." I don't have a 6mm Remington! I've never had a 6mm Remington! Where did these come from?!?!?! I even checked the safes to see if maybe I do in fact have a 6mm Rem that I forgot I had! 😳🤣

After a bit of googling, I found that its really easy to resize them to 308. Since I also reload 308, looks like I have 20 new pieces of 308!

But kinda weird. Someone must have given them to me, but why would I mark them wrong? I consider myself quite intelligent, especially when it comes to firearms and reloading. Just very weird! My wife would argue my intelligence level, but thats another topic! 😁
Do you have a 257 Roberts? Can also form that pretty easily from 6mm Remington.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,647  
Fire form to .30 or can you just run them through with an expander ball? Big jump from 243 to 30, I’ve gone from 30 to 264 but never up in size. Going down you gain neck thickness which helps somethings, going up you’ll loose it so I’d be curious about a measurement before and after to see how much.
It depends on the shape of your expander "ball". A tapered expander, more tear drop shaped than a round ball, would work better. I have a set of expander mandrels that are independent of an individual reloading die set. They are tapered steel mandrels of various diameters that can expand brass necks without the use of a resizing die. I also have a set of necking down dies that fit in a hollow die carrier, so I can also neck down multiple caliber diameters the same way. So I've necked up and down several different calibers. The only ones I ever "lost" were from trying to neck up 223 brass to 6mm by using the 6mm resizing die. That one has just a round sizing ball, and it was collapsing case shoulders on some soft virgin Lapua brass. Switching to my expander mandrel for 6mm, stopped all that and I didn't lose another piece.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,648  
It depends on the shape of your expander "ball". A tapered expander, more tear drop shaped than a round ball, would work better. I have a set of expander mandrels that are independent of an individual reloading die set. They are tapered steel mandrels of various diameters that can expand brass necks without the use of a resizing die. I also have a set of necking down dies that fit in a hollow die carrier, so I can also neck down multiple caliber diameters the same way. So I've necked up and down several different calibers. The only ones I ever "lost" were from trying to neck up 223 brass to 6mm by using the 6mm resizing die. That one has just a round sizing ball, and it was collapsing case shoulders on some soft virgin Lapua brass. Switching to my expander mandrel for 6mm, stopped all that and I didn't lose another piece.
How much neck thickness loss is typical? Just a curious question, I don't see myself doing it but enjoy random facts anyway.