TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,361  
I've used the .22 and the 9mm shot shells and they both have worked fine in my semi-auto's for snakes.

In fact, I use both in my Sig-226 aforementioned in this thread with no issues.
You’re brave. I wouldn’t chance those shells in my semiautomatics, just revolvers.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,363  
You’re brave. I wouldn’t chance those shells in my semiautomatics, just revolvers.
Pfft.

The only possible issue is the gun won't eject the fired casing.

I've used a few in one of my .45 1911's, and there isn't enough inertia energy to blow the slide back all the way to cycle the spent casing out and pick up a new round out of the magazine.

That's no big deal at all once you're aware of it. Just cycle the slide manually between shots and it's fine.

I've used the 45 acp snake shot loads a few time for snakes, and it will put them down hard. You just have to be very close, I agree that 5 yards is about max to ensure pattern and energy. I used the 357 mag snake shot loads a few times as well. They don't perform any better or give you any more usable distance. The only advantage for the revolver is you don't have to manually cycle the slide between shots.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,364  
Pfft.

The only possible issue is the gun won't eject the fired casing.

I've used a few in one of my .45 1911's, and there isn't enough inertia energy to blow the slide back all the way to cycle the spent casing out and pick up a new round out of the magazine.

That's no big deal at all once you're aware of it. Just cycle the slide manually between shots and it's fine.

I've used the 45 acp snake shot loads a few time for snakes, and it will put them down hard. You just have to be very close, I agree that 5 yards is about max to ensure pattern and energy. I used the 357 mag snake shot loads a few times as well. They don't perform any better or give you any more usable distance. The only advantage for the revolver is you don't have to manually cycle the slide between shots.
I was thinking they would jam. I have a Ruger .357 revolver, so that’s what I load up with snakeshot.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,365  
My experience, the snake shot is good at a range of about a shovel handle. If you're trying to hit something much beyond 15 ft, you just don't have the pellet count (remember, some of this is loaded with #12 shot, so you need multiple pellets on target).

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,366  
I could be coming into more than a few guns. Brother died yesterday and sil said I need to go through his guns and take the ones I want. Besides, the safe he had guns all over. Sister in law was laughing cuz he tried to hide them from her.....she knew.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,367  
I could be coming into more than a few guns. Brother died yesterday and sil said I need to go through his guns and take the ones I want. Besides, the safe he had guns all over. Sister in law was laughing cuz he tried to hide them from her.....she knew.
Sorry for the loss Joel.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,368  
Thanks. I'll take his ammo though

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,369  
Anyone own a Canik C-9 or whatever the model is? Academy has them for like $399, and I'm wondering, is it a Glock G19, or something of it's own?