TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,831  
The only issue is you're only allowed 10 round clips ;)
1714014526143.png

1714014549744.png

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,832  
You two missed my point;)

The only thing a clip has to do with is either a method of loading a M1 Garand or revolver, yet is seems to have become an accepted term for magazine which the two are nothing at all alike IMO. Generally I try my best to keep my mouth shut LOL

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,833  
Part of the reason the world is going down the crapper is the reluctance of people to call stupid **** stupid.
A old supervisor from a LONG TIME ago once told me he had a stupid question for me. I started off by commenting that there is no such thing as a stupid question. His reply? "No, but there are stupid people". I had to tell him laughing I really couldn't argue with him on that point.

For whatever reason, his response has always stuck to me since he had told me that, and still use that comment today when people tell me there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I've learned a long time ago to lower peoples expectations of myself, and have no qualms telling them I'm stupid in hopes of surpassing their expectations. This way, I'm not afraid of asking a stupid question :ROFLMAO:. Luckily there is a difference between a stupid question and stupid behavior.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,834  

The only thing a clip has to do with is either a method of loading a M1 Garand or revolver, yet is seems to have become an accepted term for magazine which the two are nothing at all alike IMO. Generally I try my best to keep my mouth shut LOL
Don't forget stripper clips....not the Ho' kind either ;)
stripper clips.jpg

Green tips also

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,835  

Well actually when I was in the Active Duty Marines the M14 could accept a stripper clip to allow for the magazine to be topped off while still in the rifle. Also my Springfield M1A1 has the V'd notch for a stripper clip.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,836  
Dang, not to beat a dead horse, and I spent 15 seconds on Google without finding it; But if I remember correctly, some of the early detachable "magazine" rifle patent drawings Did call it a clip as well.

Kinda like guys who get mad about silencer. That is the actual Correct term per ATF as well as the Maxim drawings.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,837  
Well actually when I was in the Active Duty Marines the M14 could accept a stripper clip to allow for the magazine to be topped off while still in the rifle. Also my Springfield M1A1 has the V'd notch for a stripper clip.
Haven't forgot the M14 and that was my mistake for leaving it out. I kind of went with the father instead of the son. Out of curiosity, how effective was the rifle for you in auto? Even with the weight of the rifle, by the 2nd round I'd have a hard time controlling the muzzle LOL

I know in the 80's, the Army still had M14's out in the field.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,838  
When I was in the normal issued M14 did not have the selector. There was sometimes a selector fitted rifle for one man per squad but not always.
The first rifle I fired that had the selector switch was the M16 which when held to the hip and locked down with the forward arm could be somewhat controlled.
Shoulder fired rifles are not accurate when fired in auto (IMO) while heavy bi-poded or mounted rifles can be.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,839  
When we had to qualify with our M3 grease guns, we would take the back sling off and hold it down with our foot, grab the magazine with the asbestos or ? glove we had for aft caps and fire away at the targets, only way to somewhat control it :ROFLMAO:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,840  
There's an old saying, "May all your enemies be on full auto... "

Or something to that effect anyway.