TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #4,951  
Beautiful piece of land. Do you farm any of it or was it farmed before?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #4,952  
We pasture our horses/ponies, and have talked about getting some sheep and/or a cow or two. The former owner had cattle, until about 7 years ago. My father in law ran his cattle here 20+ years ago, my wife remembersaid building some of the fence as a kid. I have tryed to mow what I can since we have been here, but it's a full time job in itself. And now that I'm at a new job, working more hours, tractor time is even harder to find, but easier to find fuel money!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #4,953  
Yesterday I bought a new Mahindra 4530

Congratulations RK! I bet you had fun discing with it. I have a neighbor with a very run down property who has farming equipment, implements all over the place, three feet of weeds growing up around things, he no longer farms. But some of those implements are massive compared to the utility stuff we normally see in catalogs, super strong heavy plows, discs, etc. That "old iron" could still be put to use; I just hate to see stuff left out and get ruined. Every time I go over there I'm looking around in the weeds for useful things. Unfortunately most has been used/abused/driven into the ground. Probably most of it is 40-60 years old. Perhaps one can just regrease a disc everywhere and start up again. Isn't too much to go wrong... I haven't pulled a plow or disc since I was a teenager, long time ago. Today for smaller food plots seems everyone has gone to a big rototiller.
for many of us it was always plow and disc. Today with low impact/no till farming, it's a new ballgame.

Greg, that's a lot of land to mow but you must get a great sense of accomplishment looking back at what you've done.
And I bet the ragweed/pollen count is going down with your work too.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #4,955  
We have a total of 117 ac. Prime grade A West Virginia hillside, the only flat spots are the floors in the house and barn! About half is woods, the rest is fields that have been neglected for the past few years.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #4,957  
Yup, exciting is the word sometimes. Operational parking brake mandatory. I grew up in a holler where a parking brake was some what optional, not so much now!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #4,958  
I have created a 10' wide opening in a stone wall & I leveled out an area to park my Tacoma with its plow as well as relocate my Shelter Logic structure that keeps my ATV, wood splitter & snow blower undercover. Today I used the rocks to rebuild the walls in toward the new space.

Tomorrow 48 cubic yards of material will be delivered to finish the space so that'll be some fun seat time!!

image-3241327520.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #4,959  
I have created a 10' wide opening in a stone wall & I leveled out an area to park my Tacoma with its plow as well as relocate my Shelter Logic structure that keeps my ATV, wood splitter & snow blower undercover. Today I used the rocks to rebuild the walls in toward the new space.

Tomorrow 48 cubic yards of material will be delivered to finish the space so that'll be some fun seat time!!

View attachment 439424

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet
Nice job... way to recreate space!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #4,960  
Yesterday I bought a new Mahindra 4530

Congratulations RK! I bet you had fun discing with it. I have a neighbor with a very run down property who has farming equipment, implements all over the place, three feet of weeds growing up around things, he no longer farms. But some of those implements are massive compared to the utility stuff we normally see in catalogs, super strong heavy plows, discs, etc. That "old iron" could still be put to use; I just hate to see stuff left out and get ruined. Every time I go over there I'm looking around in the weeds for useful things. Unfortunately most has been used/abused/driven into the ground. Probably most of it is 40-60 years old. Perhaps one can just regrease a disc everywhere and start up again. Isn't too much to go wrong... I haven't pulled a plow or disc since I was a teenager, long time ago. Today for smaller food plots seems everyone has gone to a big rototiller.
for many of us it was always plow and disc. Today with low impact/no till farming, it's a new ballgame.

Greg, that's a lot of land to mow but you must get a great sense of accomplishment looking back at what you've done.
And I bet the ragweed/pollen count is going down with your work too.

Hey daugen, I've been to Washington N.C. a few times. I used to go to the Stanadyne(SP) plant and service some of their machines.