TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,461  
snow, I remember that...
great video, wish it were longer

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,462  
Wasn't much, but I had the tractor out for about half an hour yesterday to help with some electric fence I was finishing up for the horses. Did most of my travels on the 4wheeler, as it was quicker and didn't tear up the soggy ground so bad.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,463  
I had my IH 574 and David Bradley wagon out today. We all went for a short ride then too. Also fixed my leak of the day on the 574. I replaced a rubber hose on top of the transmisson and now the FI pump started leaking. I guess that's to be expected though at 7930 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_07360.JPG
    IMG_07360.JPG
    388.8 KB · Views: 258
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,464  
Great wagon......and tractor!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,466  
I had my IH 574 and David Bradley wagon out today. We all went for a short ride then too. Also fixed my leak of the day on the 574. I replaced a rubber hose on top of the transmisson and now the FI pump started leaking. I guess that's to be expected though at 7930 hours.
Now that's a real tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,467  
Thanks guys! The old 574 is semi retired now. I only put about 50 hrs a year on her now. As soon as I finish restoring my JD B I need to give her some love.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,468  
Sterff, what year is your B? I grew up with one, and our family sold it about twenty years ago, where it went I don't know. New Hope Pa/Bucks County, on the Delaware River East of you. Would be a small world if our old B wound up at a TBN home...
electric start, rubber tires, hand clutch, tricycle front, pucka pucka pucka 18hp?

I have always found those older IH tractors very good looking, like a First Gen JD. Just looked like a tough tractor should.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,469  
Sterff, what year is your B? I grew up with one, and our family sold it about twenty years ago, where it went I don't know. New Hope Pa/Bucks County, on the Delaware River East of you. Would be a small world if our old B wound up at a TBN home...
electric start, rubber tires, hand clutch, tricycle front, pucka pucka pucka 18hp?

I have always found those older IH tractors very good looking, like a First Gen JD. Just looked like a tough tractor should.

The B is a 1943 hand start. It came from Wisconsin and is pretty rough. The tractor was pulled from a fence row but, luckily the motor wasn't too bad. It's at the machine shop being bored .45 over right now. As for the 574, she is a tank, just keeps humming along. Here's the B:

Attachments

• IMG_1452.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    889.6 KB · Views: 267
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,470  
The B is a 1943 hand start. It came from Wisconsin and is pretty rough. The tractor was pulled from a fence row but, luckily the motor wasn't too bad. It's at the machine shop being bored .45 over right now. As for the 574, she is a tank, just keeps humming along. Here's the B:

looks exactly the same except for the electric start. Looks like good sheetmetal, grill not wrecked. And the air cleaner and muffler go straight up, which if one operated in the woods or near trees was not always the case. Well at least you knew if that big branch cleared the muffler it would clear the steering wheel.
I think ours was a 1941.

certain sounds are so recognizable.
The racking of a shotgun.
The flushing of a toilet.
The pucka pucka pucka of an old JD.