TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,481  
Decorated with my daughter, drove the tractor over to the church for Tract'or Treat.

My tallented wife spent the week working to bring some of the peanuts gang along
1478006397431.jpg1478006443910.jpg1478006515570.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,482  
Tractor treat, that's cool!!

Branches catch my muffler, but if they catch on it they also catch on me. This is a small 20hp 205-4 massey, great little tractor. Bought it at an auction about 18 yrs ago, my first personnally owned tractor. Have bought 3 kubotas since.

And the deer came out to watch.1478017703058.jpg

1478017759537.jpg

1478017794594.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,483  
Finished mowing the field tonight, cleaned off the mower for the winter. Will need to mow the yard at least one more time.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,484  
to quote a wise man...;)

your pic so reminded me of the one I posted, got a chuckle out of that.

converted the muffler to horizontal so now when I mow it's a little quieter. That big 3 cylinder simply has a bark to it,
makes the Kubota sound like a swiss watch. Of course one is open and one has a cab.

That's a nice looking installation and good looking view going down the road. Were those all factory parts?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,485  
thanks, yes, about 400 bucks for the new muffler and header pipe, plus all needed parts, and the dealer will buy back my other muffler, amount yet unknown, which they have call for, clearly since they get knocked off. I mow along a treeline plus I wanted a tractor that could go into my dense woods.
Muffler came in Agco box.

My property has frontage on two roads and I don't like going through a neighbor's farm field to get to the other side, so around the block I go, and it's a good ride, wave to the neighbors, etc. I figure since I'm going past I might as well mow the roadsides. Two neighbors have thanked me so that's my motivation. Plus this way folks can walk outside of the road and not worry about ticks, snakes, etc. County mowers come along once or twice and scalp the sides horribly. They have come behind my beautifully mowed roadsides and just scalped the grass down to the dirt. That's all they accomplished, messing up something nice. Aggravating but nothing I can do.
Someone different each time. Wonder who they hire sometimes.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,487  
Thanks the kids enjoyed it

I've done that a couple of times on a boat, never a tractor.
Something to look forward to!
Did you run an inverter off the tractor 12VDC or a separate gen?
might be in your pic but I missed it

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,488  
spent about an hour laying down 200 pounds of Oregon annual rye on a small piece of farmland I just bought, tide me over until the Spring when I can figure
out what to do with it. Even with the rain shower yesterday, pretty dusty out there.
The seeder is a combo drop unit and aerator with star spikes going about three inches down.
After I dropped the seed, I went back over a second time and leveled it off a little better.

Attachments

• DSCN0021[1].JPG
    DSCN0021[1].JPG
    557.6 KB · Views: 198
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,489  
Spent a few hours with the box blade lowering the shooting range about 20 inches and pulling the dirt to raise up the other end. Building a deck to shoot off and wanted to reduce the height of the deck some. Already had the berm but now the berm tops the hillside and the deck is only two foot off the ground instead of four.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,490  
Did some road side mowing. I only mow the road side brush once a year because of all the birds and butterflies and other critters that need or use brushy habitat for foraging and protection. But now there broods are grown and they are gone.

YearlyMow1.JPG

MowLandind.JPG

gg