TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,881  
To be efficient, you need a tractor for every implement.
no truer words were ever spoken...;)

as kids we played a board game called Candyland.
Having one tractor per implement would be.........TractorLand.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,882  
Had about 6hrs of seat time Saturday spreading 45yds of fill dirt... From this:

Dirt IMAG0141.jpg

To this:
The berm on the right is for water redirect from the road.
After 20170325_145811.jpg

-R

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,883  
To be efficient, you need a tractor for every implement.
no truer words were ever spoken...;)

as kids we played a board game called Candyland.
Having one tractor per implement would be.........TractorLand.

I second that.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,885  
Nice work. I wish I had more land, it would give me more opportunity to get more seat time.:)

This wasn't mine. I got some "Seat Time" AND some cash for the "Toy Fund". How can you beat that?!?!

-R

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,886  
This wasn't mine. I got some "Seat Time" AND some cash for the "Toy Fund". How can you beat that?!?!

-R

You can't.

Reminds me of a retired doctor down the road from me. He calls me frequently for little jobs here and there. (farm type work) Always fills my tractor up and gives me 40 bucks. I always tell him not to worry about it but he insists. So it's good for me anyway, fun "Seat time".

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,888  
Todays seat time consisted of gathering brush from the fencerow as my youngest (23) ran a weedeater with a brushcutting blade. We also chained a few saplings to the hook on my backhoe bucket(many times it is more useful than hooks on a front loader) and uprooted. We also used the backhoe to pull out some of the larger brush rootballs. Sadly no before and after shots to share, we made quite an impact as some of that stuff has been growing for 30 years... Just so there's a pic to share, I'll share a pic of my hook on my backhoe bucket...

hook-rear.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,889  
I spent about 2 1/2 hours this evening burying a young cow that died giving birth. Sad to say that the calf didn't make it either.

It was my dad's cow/calf. The work was done at his place so I used his Ford 4630 to bury them. Using that tractor about wore me out. It's an older tractor with a gear transmission that scrapes with every shift and a very slow loader that just operates up, down, curl, dump with no combination of anything. It's a good tractor for handling hay or brush hogging but it's sure not meant for a lot of loader work.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,890  
I spent about 5 hours on the CTL. I've got my lot clearing in the home stretch. Here's the biggest tree I've taken over. My saw with a 20" bar wouldn't cut it in one pass.IMG_9515.JPG