TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,911  
That is quite a blower !! Looks like it will send leaves to the next county. Is it something you repurposed or is it a standard implement ?? Do you have to be careful that you don't blow trees down ?? :D

gg

its something i re purposed. it won't blow down trees but it does well on leaves, sticks, and softball size rocks!:laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,912  
aeblank, also do an image search for "fork grapple attachment", there are many different styles: fork grapple - Google Search

Here is an adjustable from Wiko: Adjustable Pallet Fork Add-A-Grapple

wikco.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,916  
I used one for a while and had it collapse once due to rain. The cover sagged and formed a puddle that kept growing until it built up enough weight to cave in (that was during the flood that hit Nashville back in '09 - huge amount of rain). I added some intermediate rafters of 3/4" conduit and that helped a lot, but I would still have to keep a close eye on it in heavy rain or snow. Adding plywood was the ultimate cure. That gave it a nice flat surface so it could drain. Those tube shelters aren't pretty, but they are cost effective and they work. Replacing the cover is to be expected. If you use a tarp to replace it, I would recommend either lashing it down well or using lots of bungee cords to secure it. Flapping in the wind will destroy it rather quickly.

Yup. I have been through a few of them. Have to keep the snow cleared off, and also the sun will eventually destroy the top after about three years or so, depending on how much you are in the trees. Great shelter, however, I think I only paid less than $200. So, when the top eventually bit the dust, I would just buy a whole new shelter, and then just use the top from it. Have to eventually build a wood roof.