TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,611  
024.jpg

I got out early and was able to finish tilling before I had to leave for work. Hope to plant late this afternoon or in the morning.

Larro

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,612  
I finished Bush hogging last Wed 7/23. I think I'm up to 142 hours now.

Field looks MUCH BETTER...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,614  
You should post a picture. A love brush hogging. Did some myself yesterday

Ken,

Easier said than done... My "field" is neither level nor straight. There are also too many trees, one over grown burn pile from last summer, and about an acre of left over logging slash I've not determined how to "process".

But I just wandered up there and took these...

The first one is looking down the fence to the southwest from about mid field towards the far end. The second one is closest to the house looking south/southeast towards the fence & gate.

Enjoy!

Be well,
David

Attachments

• IMG_20140729_145928530.jpg
    IMG_20140729_145928530.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20140729_145712914_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140729_145712914_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 261
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,615  
Ken,

Easier said than done... My "field" is neither level nor straight. There are also too many trees, one over grown burn pile from last summer, and about an acre of left over logging slash I've not determined how to "process".

But I just wandered up there and took these...

The first one is looking down the fence to the southwest from about mid field towards the far end. The second one is closest to the house looking south/southeast towards the fence & gate.

Enjoy!

Be well,
David

Wow, well thank you for taking the time to photo your work!!! It looks great. How tall was it before you hogged it down?
Also, what kind of trees are those? That definitely looks like an I stacked cutting around all the trees but its a rewarding view!!!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,616  
Wow, well thank you for taking the time to photo your work!!! It looks great. How tall was it before you hogged it down?
Also, what kind of trees are those? That definitely looks like an I stacked cutting around all the trees but its a rewarding view!!!

Ken,

Thanks for the kind words. This cutting it was mostly less that 18" or 2'. Back in mid May I did the first cutting since last October and I has some seriously tall and thorny, brushy, etc. sections. The trees are a mixed bag, a few poplars, a few various oaks, a couple gum (they are coming down), plus the 4 sickly peach trees(they are probably destined for the smoker). I left them up when I had this ~5 acres clear cut in Nov 2010, hoping they would provide shade for the horses (who arrived in Jan 12 and departed in March 13). Now I'm thinking about taking many/most of them down.

If I get to keep this place in the divorce (which is my plan), I plan to finish the fence, put in a run-in shed, and allow "Self care" horse boarding...

I really like it here, but I tend to see the flaws, the stuff I messed up, or have not gotten done yet, or... Sometimes I miss that it might actually look good too...

I'm trying to figure how to clear the last bit of slash and have a massive (or a couple massive) bonfire parties this fall. (A good paying job and a couple weekends with a rented track loader would do it I believe)...

Thanks again for the kind words.

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,617  
When I got done at the landing today I brought a load of wood home to put away

P1090071.JPG P1090089.JPG

The Yard Boss kept a relaxed eye on me from about 40 yards away

P1090125.JPG P1090126.JPG

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,618  
You know what we say here at TBN. Without pictures it didn't happen:D

Larro

We tried again last night, but the raspberry patch is about done. I got both my daughter and my wife in the bucket. And some pictures. None that show the whole thing, but at least I'm vindicated. :thumbsup:

photo 3.JPG IMG_4256.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,619  
No picture but I broke one outside hoe tooth clean off. We are not talking replaceable tip either. Off to remove it and take to the welding shop. I hung it in a tree root at the base of an oak when trying to take out a smaller tree.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,620  
We tried again last night, but the raspberry patch is about done. I got both my daughter and my wife in the bucket. And some pictures. None that show the whole thing, but at least I'm vindicated. :thumbsup:

View attachment 385042 View attachment 385041

Great pictures. Nice family. And the smile on your face says it all. Save the pictures for your scrapbook, and the grandchildren.