TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,781  
Actually most of them were uprooted with a big excavator. I have a few that are too big to even move far with my BX. That said I have dug a good number out with my BH. Does take some time. Not sure I have the answer but I do try to scrape and expose as many main roots. Then weaken them with a small chain saw if I have to. I also make sure I don't cut the tree too close to the ground so I have some leverage to to push or use a come along. Really need to make sure you have access all around them to dig all sides. Good luck... Don't know if that helps at all.

I was hoping for some kinda magic I guess. LOL Sadly the days of the magic stump removing dynamite are over.
And to think, people used to do this kinda stuff with horses and mules and I'm whining.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,782  
I took out a yucca stump that was about 2-1/2 feet across.

This was my first really intense use of my new Piranha tooth bar and I'm totally pleased with how it performed!

It took about an hour of digging, but the Piranha gave me the bite I needed to get under it and work it loose.

Excellent product, would recommend it for any serious digging.
I've been singing the praises of the PTB since the day I installed it. Best mod ever for my BX. It eats dirt/rock like a fat guy coming off a two day diet. :laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,783  
I spent several hours Saturday dethaching my yard and the neighbors' as well. I recently got a 3ph receiver, then had a friend weld a hitch for me. This is a 5 foot wide section of farm field drag. Normally you don't back up with one, but I had no problem.

As farms get larger and with new tillage methods, these old sections are more obsolete and tossed aside. Work great on a lawn though.

uploadfromtaptalk1461032971990.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1461032997095.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1461033031668.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1461033050315.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,784  
I got out yesterday and mowed the dogyard for the first time this year. It was pretty grown up, so I used the small bushhawg on the B7500. I took pictures, but my camera is in the truck. If I remember, I'll post one later.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,785  
I got out yesterday and mowed the dogyard for the first time this year. It was pretty grown up, so I used the small bushhawg on the B7500. I took pictures, but my camera is in the truck. If I remember, I'll post one later.
Please post a picture of the bushhawg. I have never seen a bushhawg.

I googled bushhawg, got a lot things, but nothing usable with a tractor. :D

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,786  
I needed a 4 foot loader to get into some tight spaces, so I ended up with this LA304 that came with the tractor.

What the loader lacks in brute force, the Piranha makes up for in its ability to work under a target and break it loose.

Curl function is your friend.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,787  
Please post a picture of the bushhawg. I have never seen a bushhawg.

I googled bushhawg, got a lot things, but nothing usable with a tractor. :D

Are you trying to say there is no W in swine?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,789  
I put a new set of blades on the F2560 which worked wonders for it. Then I mowed about 3 acres with it. Next I put the tiller on the tractor and tilled the garden which is about 1/2 acre.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,790  
I finished clearing the brush from one 200 yard section of the planted pine's perimeter. Used the landscape rake to drag out the cut limbs, saplings, vines and trash so I could get to it all with the grapple. I think it cleaned up pretty nice and now I can get under the overhanging limbs with the tractor/ brush hog to keep this way. .