TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,071  
That does beg the question of why you have two task managers open.

The top one is Windows, set to monitor Wi-Fi activity.

The bottom one is Google Chrome that shows active windows and I can see network activity.

When you double click on an active window, it switches to it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,074  
Well a very rare heavy thunderstorm just blew through as I was on my Z turn. A big flash and a crack about caused me to soil myself. We're not used to these here in the PNW. I made a bee line back to the house and got inside just as it really opened up. :shocked:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,075  
Well a very rare heavy thunderstorm just blew through as I was on my Z turn. A big flash and a crack about caused me to soil myself. We're not used to these here in the PNW. I made a bee line back to the house and got inside just as it really opened up. :shocked:

:laughing: You'd hate living in the Midwest.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,077  
I spent several hours tearing out an ugly cedar. Would it have been faster with a backhoe? Sure. Would it have been easier? No doubt. But my BX and me got'er done just the same. The cedar on the left, a week ago.
20170429_112233.jpg20170506_141536.jpg20170506_141545.jpg
Had to roll this rock out of the way to get the root out. The rock was on the surface, no digging required. But I dragged it a couple feet and rolled it up out of the way without spinning a wheel.
20170506_141610.jpg20170506_141619.jpg20170506_144333.jpg20170506_144353.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,078  
Southeastern Missouri has had heavy rains for the last couple weeks, resulting in saturated ground, overflowing ponds, and washed out roads. The first project on the list today was to reinforce the pond spillway, again. I moved a couple large (36") boulders into the spillway, and then filled around them with natural rip-rap dug from our creek. The spillway needs a major improvement project in the future, as it has been eroding consistently. Any rock I put in at the top of the dam eventually ends up down at the bottom. I hooked up the straight blade to the 8n, and dressed up the roads. For whatever reason, I find I can back blade much nicer with the Ford than the Kubota. (Sorry, didn't grab any pics) While tooling around the place, I spotted a good sized dead tree next to the road, leaning away from me. I decided that, knowing my luck it would end up on the road in the next wind storm, to go push on it a little bit. Well it went over rather easy, considering it brought a 8" cedar down with it! After getting it on the ground, I chained to both trees and pulled them out together, breaking some good sized roots in the process. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Quick question to you all familiar with the world of diesel engines: My manual says that I need to use oil conforming to CF or CI-4, and stresses that CJ-4 oil cannot be used as it is meant for engines with DPFs. The Kubota 15w-40 that I picked up at the dealer conforms to CF and CI-4, but also to CJ-4. Is this oil ok to use? Thanks

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,079  

Quick question to you all familiar with the world of diesel engines: My manual says that I need to use oil conforming to CF or CI-4, and stresses that CJ-4 oil cannot be used as it is meant for engines with DPFs. The Kubota 15w-40 that I picked up at the dealer conforms to CF and CI-4, but also to CJ-4. Is this oil ok to use? Thanks

Ignore all that. It was long ago and far away.

Kubota was notoriously behind on the oil thing and wouldn't even allow synthetic oil until recently. A great deal of confusion and angst has been caused by this but Kubota now says any oil that meets current requirements and backwards is just fine. So is 15W40 and in fact Kubota now sells their own branded 15W40. Kubota oil is obviously fine and it's just someone else's oil packaged for them.

Many here use Rotella synthetic T-6, as I do at times. I wait until I hit 50 or 100 hours and most tell me this is a wasted exercise but I'm OK with it.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,080  
Ignore all that. It was long ago and far away.

Kubota was notoriously behind on the oil thing and wouldn't even allow synthetic oil until recently. A great deal of confusion and angst has been caused by this but Kubota now says any oil that meets current requirements and backwards is just fine. So is 15W40 and in fact Kubota now sells their own branded 15W40. Kubota oil is obviously fine and it's just someone else's oil packaged for them.

Many here use Rotella T-6, as I do at times. I wait until I hit 50 or 100 hours and most tell me this is a wasted exercise but I'm OK with it.

Thank you very much Sixdogs. I bought the tractor with 190hrs, and it's now a little overdue for its 200hr oil change.