TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,551  
My 78 year old neighbor operating his restored Ford 9N to help me out. He uses his rear grading blade facing backward to be a backstop so I can push burnt-out stumps and burn pile leftovers into my bucket. He's having a great time!

IMG_20210319_120937081_HDR.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,553  
Just a few minutes of seat time, removed the tire chains on the Branson, they are still in the IH.
And cut one little tree that was hanging low in the driveway and tossed it over the bank and then
picked up the tote that UPS, Fedex and USPS use for packages in the winter.
Used the forks to stow the chains for the summer.
chains spring 21 A.jpg[]chains spring 21 B.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,557  
I put the snow plow in it's summer resting place a couple weeks earlier than normal this year.

P1000957.JPG

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,558  
Cleaned up winter hay and manure with my neighbor and started filling in a low spot.
IMG_3370.JPG
63978223177__37E7E747-5C60-4062-A34C-D8E0E63D89CB.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,559  
Slow progress on the satellite cable trench. The utllities located the incoming electric and landline feeds, but thats not the end of the story. In that area there are 3 electric lines, 2 water lines, 2 phone lines, and one propane line. Digging by hand through compacted rock and our hard white clay is not an option for me. So I am removing the soil very carefully, a half shovel full at a time.

The other thing is the big redwoods send 2-4" surface roots everywhere. They are 4-6" down. They cannot be broken, they just lift up and make a mess for 10 ft on each side of what I want to be a tidy 6" trench. That means a lot of time with loppers and reciprocating saw.

trencha.jpgtrenchb.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,560  
I have been opening a better/wider/easier access ramp on this remote propriety I've been working on for some time. The plan is to get a nice and wide ramp so a truck can easily get inside the propriety to deliver a 40 ft container.

First scoops with the homemade backhoe and I instantly made a new friend. Turns out I'm not very good with relationships and it was kind of short lived... :rolleyes:😄

Halfway through the digging, found another friend. Turns out this one is stubborn as a rock, literally.... but managed to persuade her our of the hole. I just love having a dedicated backhoe that I can use and abuse in this kind of stuff. I couldn't have done the same kind of abuse with a tractor mounted backhoe, risking breaking the tractor.

With this one out of the way, I found the big sister... She fatter, heavier and stuck right in. This one involved a couple trips with the generator, hammer drill and sledge hammer. I got about half of it broken in pieces but it's still too heavy for the machine. So we still have a couple more trips there to deal with it.

Of course, I had to find two huge rocks right in the middle of my ramp... go figure. :rolleyes: