TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,941  
Put the new chains on, pretty much w/o issue. Never done this before. Saying that often, since I moved out here. :D The right side popped off twice, going on the test drive. Will need to keep an eye on them try and tighten 'em up.

Attachments

• New chains for the tractor.jpg
    New chains for the tractor.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 123
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,942  
A common reason for chains to try and run off is not having the side chains the same lengths.
If they are not square they will try to walk.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,943  
If the tire not loaded let little air out tighten chain add air,maybe couple heavy duty bungee inside and outside will help.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,945  
The rears are Mickey Thompson Baja truck/off road tires, and are loaded. A HUGE improvement from the turf tires it had before. A bungie or two are in the plans. I've just ordered chains for the fronts, to see how those might help.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,946  
Seat time today was getting the front chains on then a run down and up the driveway;
Front chains.jpg

I used a bungee cord around the latch then ran it about a 100 feet.
I couldn't quite get the last link I wanted to keep the chain length the same on the inside and outside.
So my outside latch was one link longer then my inside, with the bungee cord around the latch area
driving it a bit brought enough slack that I was able to get the link needed for both to be the same length.
Then fill the bird feeders and a run to town to the Pharmacy and $107 later headed home to enjoy the
warmth befor the super dupper maybe ice maybe snow maybe rain storm it was 44F this afternoon down to 39F now.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,947  
I spent the afternoon with the skid steer brush cutter. It preformed about as expected in brush but I was surprised how nice it did in the field.
IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1336.JPG
IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1341.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,948  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,950  
We are having a brutal winter in East Coast Canada. On Feb 7 we had 24 hours of freezing rain, ice pellets. Everything was frozen. I have 23 driveways to clear. It was like trying to move cement.

O and I didn't mention. The ground was frozen and there was about 1.5 feet maybe 2 feet of snow. It turn 9 degree for a couple of days and we are getting 25 mm of rains. The water can soak into the ground so there is alot of flooding. Earlier in the years we lost 5 bridges just in our area. A hug rain storm flood the banks and washed away 5 bridges and flood many people's basement. I have never seen the likes. It has been a bad winter for us. Between flooding, covid and now the fiasco in Ottawa.