Tomahawk 72 inch HD root grapple ??

/ Tomahawk 72 inch HD root grapple ?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
After the last big storms leaning to purchase a 72 inch root grapple for tree clean up. I found a Tomahawk 72 inch heavy duty root grapple not to far from where we live for $1800 bucks.Anyone have any experience with this brand grapple?

Attachments

• tempImageWJyuoS.jpg
    tempImageWJyuoS.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 547
  • tempImageQzct3c.jpg
    tempImageQzct3c.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 376

/ Tomahawk 72 inch HD root grapple ?? #2  
I've had the Tomahawk 66" single lid for a couple years now. So far it's been excellent. Cleaning up large downed trees, carrying logs, gathering and loading firewood, cleaning out brush and rooting out small trees are pretty much the jobs I use it for. It is very well built, and has handled everything I've thrown at it very well. My best friend bought the HD 72" and as far as I know, he's very happy with it also. Another plus was that I live in Indiana, so picked it up and saved shipping. I have mine on a Branson 3820i and it's a good fit for my tractor.

/ Tomahawk 72 inch HD root grapple ?? #3  
I’ve got the tomahawk 72” grapple. No issues, it’s on my Kioti DK5510.

Attachments

• C1CACA9B-6985-410C-A65C-D411E4FF7487.jpeg
    C1CACA9B-6985-410C-A65C-D411E4FF7487.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 71
   / Tomahawk 72 inch HD root grapple ??
Looking at the MTL brand also in this model for about $200 more.
tempImageBrYaSU.jpg

I like the solid back and the protected hoses on the MTL verses the open concept on the tomahawk.Still in the thought process at this point.
tempImagesDSsT4.jpg

/ Tomahawk 72 inch HD root grapple ?? #6  
My grapple is an open back, which I like because I'm able to see thru so I can better see what I'm picking up. And I like to be sure I have a good grip. I am going to add a mesh back eventually though.

/ Tomahawk 72 inch HD root grapple ?? #7  
I agree, open back you can operate it easily when you can see it. Use bungee cords for your hoses to keep them protected.

Thanks for your replies I ended up ordering the MTL HD RK-3 root/rock grapple today.
tempImagevnfJCg.jpg

/ Tomahawk 72 inch HD root grapple ?? #9  
No matter which one you decided on, good choice. A grapple is better than no grapple in my opinion.

/ Tomahawk 72 inch HD root grapple ?? #10  
Congratulations, you will use it often.