Too Much....and chicken coop!

/ Too Much....and chicken coop! #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
Wow, I've had about 4" of rain in the last few days. It dang sure makes a chicken coop the slickest surface on the planet...lol. Poor chickens were so hungry when I fed them, after getting home from work (dark by then), that they jumped off the roost and started pecking at the feeder. The problem is the feeder clogs up when the rain and high humidity hits. It is under cover with them but still clogs up. I had to stay down there standing in the chicken #*^@ until they had some food and were ready to get back on the roost. Chickens don't see to good in the dark...lol. Yep, I held the flashlight for the little darlings until they got where they belonged. Having fresh eggs sure comes with a *^#%*^ mess...lol. Oh Joy! Going to rain another 3" today. That will push it to around 7 or 8 inches in about three days. Nothing like sliding across a chicken pen like a surf boarder. Maybe I should play some Beach Boys music while "negotiating" the dangerous turf. :laughing:

/ Too Much....and chicken coop! #2  
Your hens would thank you to keep them inside protected from the element in weather like that !

/ Too Much....and chicken coop! #3  
Put 2 pans one of water and one of laymash in the coop with them and leave them locked up.

/ Too Much....and chicken coop! #4  
Unless they have a lot of space or a lot of sawdust the coop can get pretty messy just by the chickens themselves.

/ Too Much....and chicken coop! #5  
Unless they have a lot of space or a lot of sawdust the coop can get pretty messy just by the chickens themselves.
It is only while it is raining out, and hopefully the OP will muck them out when it stops raining.

/ Too Much....and chicken coop!
The coop floor is dirt. They have a 8'x6' covered area with the nest boxes on the back of the barn and they roost up there at night. They can stay dry but the coop dirt is a big mess right now. If they would stop digging holes, it would be nice. I do put the sawdust in the nesting boxes.

/ Too Much....and chicken coop! #7  
Wow, I've had about 4" of rain in the last few days. It dang sure makes a chicken coop the slickest surface on the planet...lol. Poor chickens were so hungry when I fed them, after getting home from work (dark by then), that they jumped off the roost and started pecking at the feeder. The problem is the feeder clogs up when the rain and high humidity hits. It is under cover with them but still clogs up. I had to stay down there standing in the chicken #*^@ until they had some food and were ready to get back on the roost. Chickens don't see to good in the dark...lol. Yep, I held the flashlight for the little darlings until they got where they belonged. Having fresh eggs sure comes with a *^#%*^ mess...lol. Oh Joy! Going to rain another 3" today. That will push it to around 7 or 8 inches in about three days. Nothing like sliding across a chicken pen like a surf boarder. Maybe I should play some Beach Boys music while "negotiating" the dangerous turf. :laughing:

You're good to go as long as this isn't more appropriate! :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13yZAjhU0M

/ Too Much....and chicken coop!
Excellent! I haven't heard that in years! :thumbsup: I still remember everyone banging out the drum part on a tabletop....lol :laughing: