Tool Bag on ROPS

/ Tool Bag on ROPS #1  

airbiscuit

Tractor
New Holland T2310, Kubota L3010 GST, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura SD1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925
I have been wanting to add a toolbox to my CUT for a while but there was no good or easy place to do it. As I thought about the fundamentals of what I wanted to carry, I thought - why not just hang a tool bag on the ROPS? I had an unused toiletries bag laying around, and I thought it would be too small until I started stuffing it with my "essentials". I still have room for more! I have a longer/heavier chain wrapped around my drawbar, and the bag sits out of the way of the seat and 4wd & PTO controls. If I wanted/needed more, I could have used a bigger bag.
Rops Bag.jpg

• 2 8" Adjustable Wrenches
  • 8" Groove Joint Pliers
  • 6" Slip Joint Pliers
  • Large and Small Slotted Screwdrivers
  • #2 Phillips Screwdriver
  • Knife
  • 1/4" Chain 10' Long

ROPS Bag2.jpg

/ Tool Bag on ROPS #3  
Artillian

DYI solution

/ Tool Bag on ROPS #4  
Can't be much simpler than that air-b !!

gg

/ Tool Bag on ROPS #5  
It seems all I ever need for the tractor is a chain.

But, the zero turn is a different story. I’ve yet to find a practical way to carry tools on the mower.

This may very well work.

Thanks.

MoKelly

/ Tool Bag on ROPS #6  
Good idea. I use a small canvas bag that some cordless tool came in. It tucks in nicely beside the seat.

/ Tool Bag on ROPS #7  
Two milk crates:

IMG_20200420_120800402_HDR (Large).jpg

IMG_20200420_120753161 (Large).jpg

/ Tool Bag on ROPS #8  
Good thought AB... my initial concern would be the 'robust-ness' of the bag's strap supporting the weight (especially the chain) of the bag over time. Particularly due to the jouncing around of the bag doing tractor-stuff.

I'd investigate actual commercial/tradesman tool bags/carriers that should stand up better to the abuse.

/ Tool Bag on ROPS
I have an actual tool bag I can use if this one fails, but I'm thinking this will do okay.

/ Tool Bag on ROPS #10  
the tool I see missing from the bag is a hammer, seems I always have to bang something. I would also have spare pins and clips. I really like the bag idea.