Tool box

/ Tool box #1  

Massey convert

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2605 H
The tool box that Massey put on this tractor is ok for a screwdriver, crescent wrench and a pliers, but not much more, so I did this.
The box is some kind of ammo box and the frame holding it is 1/8 X 1 " angle iron mounted to the radiator guard with 3/8" bolts. Just to prove a point, I put all my weight on it, (200#s) tomake sure it wouldnt fall off.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0017.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0017.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 348
  • thumbnail_IMG_0021.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0021.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 336
   / Tool box #2  
Interesting...can't recall seeing toolbox attach like that with front loader.

/ Tool box
I was desperate to find somewhere for more safe storage, I had the ammo ceate for years to mount on my WD Allis, but used a smaller one for that. It really turnred out nice, the loader clears it with ample room to spare, it is far enough away from the grill that is dosn't affect the air going to the radiator or the engine air cleaner. Just needs some new paint.

/ Tool box #4  
That’s a nice big one. My tractors don’t have the clearance between the grill guard and FEL. Used 50cal boxes bolted to the ROPS. Carrying tools is essential for tractor work.

One note of caution is being under the FEL without a prop is risky. Commercial construction equipment usually has a easy to deploy brace on their loaders. Wish ag tractors would follow the same safety guidelines.

/ Tool box
I totally agree that being under the FEL is not good practice, I avoid going there. I lower the FEL to the ground before accessing the box, it's just easier, so I'm not tempted to get under the loader.

/ Tool box #6  
The tool box that Massey put on this tractor is ok for a screwdriver, crescent wrench and a pliers, but not much more, so I did this.
The box is some kind of ammo box and the frame holding it is 1/8 X 1 " angle iron mounted to the radiator guard with 3/8" bolts. Just to prove a point, I put all my weight on it, (200#s) tomake sure it wouldnt fall off.
Interesting. The Workmaster 40 has no toolbox at all, and I ordered an ammo box with the idea to do the same thing, since the loader sits far out in front of the tractor. Then thought maybe mount it elsewhere, but when it gets here I'll see if it works there..

/ Tool box
Miserable,
If you would like, I will take some more pictures of how I mounted it and the framework holding the box.

/ Tool box #8  
I totally agree that being under the FEL is not good practice, I avoid going there. I lower the FEL to the ground before accessing the box, it's just easier, so I'm not tempted to get under the loader.
Yep! Safety should reign.
I needed to do some work up front and what I did was to make some safety bars to keep my FEL elevated.
Not very difficult either.
I simply used some angle stock (old bed frame angle) and cut a tad shorter than the extended hydraulic cylinders.
Being in a hurry I simply used some duck tape to retain the angles in place.
That was a week ago and my FEL is still elevated and I feel safe under there working.
LOL, just waiting for it to get warmer to finish the repair chore that is programmed.

/ Tool box
That is a good idea. If you have to be under the loader, a mechanical barrier is the safest way to do it.

/ Tool box #10  
Looks like a 20mm box. I have one too, but can't seem to find a good place to mount it on my lil' LX2610SU Kubota. Maybe I'll just use the box for a storage shed for the tractor ......