Toolbox for 4052R Cab

/ Toolbox for 4052R Cab #11  
Darn, IPad...all kinds of crazy letters with my posts. How do other IPad users get a clean post? Thanks.

/ Toolbox for 4052R Cab #12  
Darn, IPad...all kinds of crazy letters with my posts. How do other IPad users get a clean post? Thanks.

Same issue here. Do not (or dont) use the apostrophe. Grrrrr.

/ Toolbox for 4052R Cab
Dang, Roy you are SET-UP!! I値l betcha you could get me all plowed out in a coupla hours! Here痴 my address - Kasilof, Alaska. I値l leave the yard light on for ya...

I'll head right up!!

At 18 MPH...shouldn't take more then a week if I just catnap in the tractor

/ Toolbox for 4052R Cab #14  
LOL
10.3 days... if no stops..

/ Toolbox for 4052R Cab #15  
So Roy. Not sure about the 4 series but my 5 series JD has the toolbox mount for the loader brackets. Granted the JD toolbox is not very big but it's better than a coffee can. If they don't have brackets for the 4 series you can make something like I had on my old 5310. It was a bracket that basically sandwiched the loader bracket so I didn't have to drill anything. I used a piece of stainless flat stock and 2 bolts along with the toolbox mount. It was pretty simple and I still have it. Plan to mount it as a second box on my 5090.

/ Toolbox for 4052R Cab #16  
If you mount your ammo box on your quick hitch is that going to interfere with getting in and connecting your pto shafts?

/ Toolbox for 4052R Cab
If you mount your ammo box on your quick hitch is that going to interfere with getting in and connecting your pto shafts?

That's something I've considered...I normally hook up the shaft on the left side of the tractor...mostly due to my weaker right arm and hand (stroke from 20+ years ago)...so I'd mount the box on the right side of the QH.
That would also be advantageous since the 4052 has the rear remotes and controls (rockshaft and the fwd/reverse creeper) on the left rear

/ Toolbox for 4052R Cab #18  
What I've found to make connecting PTO shaft to the tractor PTO easier is to remove the shield (PTO guard) from the tractor.
To me, just something else "in the way".

Keep thinking there should be a tool like a lever that will assist pushing the PTO shaft forward onto the stub while at the same time holding the spring-loaded collar back. The combination of pushing the shaft forward while pulling the collar backward will test the arm strength for sure.
Anyone have an idea or a method that works for them?

Attachments

• 4052_PTO_shield.jpg
    4052_PTO_shield.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 113
   / Toolbox for 4052R Cab
What I've found to make connecting PTO shaft to the tractor PTO easier is to remove the shield (PTO guard) from the tractor.
To me, just something else "in the way".

Keep thinking there should be a tool like a lever that will assist pushing the PTO shaft forward onto the stub while at the same time holding the spring-loaded collar back. The combination of pushing the shaft forward while pulling the collar backward will test the arm strength for sure.
Anyone have an idea or a method that works for them?
Yeah, a lot of foul language as a persuader!!
I really dislike those with a pull back collar...the twist type is much easier to work (don't see too many of those) with and the old pin type worked the easiest.
I use a bungee cord to hold the shield up out of the way. I really don't want to remove it altogether

/ Toolbox for 4052R Cab #20  
Roy, I tried the Deere toolbox recommended for my cab 4720. Mounts on the grill guard. Well long story short when the front wheels break through in a 10 foot snow berm that you’re piling snow up with the loader and that toolbox mashes into the hardpacked snow... It results in a significant reduction in size and carrying capacity of the toolbox!
So, I took the dang thing off and still have no way to carry extra tools, etc.
Have a real nice size tool box on my JD 5115M mounted next to the loader frame.
You would like to think that all those high-priced mechanical engineers at Deere would have designed a better mousetrap for the compact tractor lineup...
That said I’m gonna drop by my local dealer and visit with them about the PTO Quik-Knect system. Can handle up to 115hp @ pto!! I’m intrigued...and my wife; the tedder, raker and sometimes brush hog mower operator is WAY PAST ready for an easier way to deal with PTO equipment!
Oh yeah - not alot of snow here just yet - but it’s been chilly. Minus 8F here last night. So, you don’t need to rush up the hill right away...