Toolbox Installed

/ Toolbox Installed #1  

JDGreenGrass

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 770
Couple of notes....Though it looks like it may be in contact with the back of the seat...it isn't. Not even when I sit in it. And, it had to be off center in order for the latch to have room from the top-link. I put it to left side or, what I call, operators side.

A good place for pins, shear bolts, plyers, adjustable wrench, small hammer and the like.

I need to mount a rear work light and it looks to me like it could go right on the steel fixture to the right of tool box. The light would be high enough to angle down and over my snowblower. What do you folks think.?

Here's the pictures....

TractorandToolbox111710016-2.jpg

TractorandToolbox111710013.jpg

TractorandToolbox111710011.jpg

/ Toolbox Installed #2  
Looks great.:thumbsup: Did you weld that up or buy it?

/ Toolbox Installed #3  
Looks good you will be surprised how much stuff you can actually get in there its amazing how you can fit so much needed stuff in one hahaha!

/ Toolbox Installed
Looks great.:thumbsup: Did you weld that up or buy it?

I bought the toolbox and the length of steel that is bolted to the tractor from TSC. Drilled some holes, painted the inside of the toolbox and the steel length and then mounted it.

Thanks for the comment.

/ Toolbox Installed #5  
That looks good, I wonder if one of those Northern Tool Led lights would fit on that bar?. A couple of folks here say they have them and they are ok. I have been thinking about one.
James K0UA

/ Toolbox Installed #6  
I like :) wish I could have done the same but I was inform tra. sign needed to been seen in full when on public road.

Attachments

• Bar1.JPG
    Bar1.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 217
   / Toolbox Installed #7  
Nice job, JDGreenGrass!!
That will be very handy for a few tools, pins and such.

/ Toolbox Installed #8  
Slick, but it just looks like all the stuff inside it would rattle like crazy when riding on some rough terrain.

/ Toolbox Installed
Thanks for the comments. Happy to get everyone's approval except that I wondered about the "caution sign" being blocked. In fact I put the project off because of it. 2nd time I thought about the toolbox I got focused and never even gave the sign a thought.!! Hey, I'm getting old.:laughing:

Anyways, I've been into this tractor thing for about 1 year, now. I am finding that my greatest joy is painting parts and I have a small desire to weld. I'm useing Valspar out of a can. Seems to cover quite well.

What do you guys use to paint parts and such.?? I have a 15 gallon air compressor and am wondering if I should be shopping for a paint gun. Or, just stick with the can.??

How about welding....Seems technical and somewhat like electricity to me.?? Like, you gotta know what you're doing or you get hurt.

Is welding a difficult trade to take up.?? Trust me, I know I ain't there yet.:D

/ Toolbox Installed
Slick, but it just looks like all the stuff inside it would rattle like crazy when riding on some rough terrain.

No problem with that. I'll put the thickest rag I can find in there to keep things damp.:thumbsup:....I just hope it works.!!