ToolCat C Lack of Power Issue

/ ToolCat C Lack of Power Issue #21  
Obviously I meant the hydraulic filter, not the diesel fuel filter. And it is the factory problem with brass filings from the drive motors. When I had the problems with the hydraulic pumps before they replaced the pumps but apparently they didn't look at the drive motors or maybe they figured they were okay to leave without replacing. This time with motive problems I guess they couldn't avoid it.

I talked to the service guy today. They've taken the front motor apart and it was shot. They're pulling the other motor next to see what condition it's in. He also told me they're covering it under warranty, but I don't know how good a machine I'm going to end up with after they fix it.

/ ToolCat C Lack of Power Issue #22  
if it is the problem with brass you should expect all hydraulic fluids replaced, all filters, flush of the system, and replacement of the drive motors. i would also push for replacement of main pump as i would be worried about that in the future. it does depend on how the fluid returns from the motors - where the filters are in regards to the pump.

ts

/ ToolCat C Lack of Power Issue #23  
Rolando,

I can certainly understand your concerns. Sounds like they may have finally found the root cause.

I see references to 'the' hydraulic filter when there are two, make sure they replace both.

dsb

/ ToolCat C Lack of Power Issue #24  
I don't remember if the service guy said one or two filters, I'll ask. He sent the Bobcat regional service rep a filter cut in half and that's when Bobcat said they would pay for the repairs. After I find out about the second motor, I'm planning to speak to the Bobcat guy myself about what they're planning to do and what I can expect in the future, because I'm sure at some point they're going to refuse to pay for repairing this problem and them it could get really expensive.

/ ToolCat C Lack of Power Issue #25  
Yikes Rolando, how much downtime have you had with this thing so far?

Seems like it has spent more time in the shop than at home.

What an ordeal in time, energy and money lost. I've yet to have either of my three 'Bota's down or in the shop for anything.....

/ ToolCat C Lack of Power Issue #26  
Rolando,
From what it sounds, your unit should run like the way it was meant to now that the entire hydraulic system will be replaced.
I have done everything and more with my TC and it is beyond compare with any other brand or model. Hopefully you will share these feelings in the near future.
Steve

/ ToolCat C Lack of Power Issue #27  
Steve, I can't remember, did you have this issue with the metal filings in your unit and you've had a good service experience since the problem was fixed? I keep hearing comments that once metal gets into the hydraulic system, a machine will never be quite right because the tolerances are so tight. I keep wondering if I shouldn't sell it or trade it in once it's working before it has a chance to break down again.

/ ToolCat C Lack of Power Issue #28  
Rolando,
I never had this issue, nor any, as my TC has been flawless, but it is still new at 235 hours+.
Now that your rough work has been completed you may want to trade it in for a D series, from what it sounds the ride is incomparable!
I wish you good fortune...
Steve