ToolCat Deal

/ ToolCat Deal #1  

SD_Dave

Tractor
JD-NH
Hey

I have been doing some looking after making some inquires about toolcats etc. Getting close to pulling the trigger on either a new one or a good used one.

Here is one I found and I am curious to others opinion of value.

Toolcat 5600 "A" series with cab and HVAC... build date july 2003, 17 hours on meter...yes that's right never really been used. Its in pretty good shape other than some surface rust on some cosmetic areas and tires maybe a little flat spotted from sitting more than running. Supposedly all updates have been done with documentation provided...and warranty is still good. Yes its at a dealer...some distance from me...but possibly worth a drive with my trailer. Dealer is willing to deal and looking for an offer...any ideas of what is fair? For me it must be substantially less than the cost of a new one that I could get from local dealer with no potential issues.

Opinions?

SD-Dave /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ps. it comes with a dirt bucket but no other attachments.

/ ToolCat Deal #2  
SD-Dave,

If you haven't already, read the 'Used Toolcats' thread in this forum. BrianSouthernMD covers the differences in the series.

I have the 2003 A-series and am very happy with it so far. I expect to put on over 100 hours mowing this summer. Will be able to provide mowing experience in various conditions after that.

Attachments are costly. You might think about negotiating at least your mower in the deal.

To get some idea of the price range on used units check out MachineryTrader . Enter Toolcat in the Quick Search.

dsb

/ ToolCat Deal
DSB

thanks for the help...I did read the thread you mention...

I am pretty convinced on the mowing and I am seriously considering a new turbo unit. Then all of a sudden this "used" unit appreared. Not really sure if I want to go that direction...as I mentioned the difference would have to be significant for a variety of reasons.
I am just curious of peoples opinions of what a good deal or reasonable/fair price would be for this unit. I have searched equipment trader, ebay etc. and found nothing as of late for sale...this being such and unusal unit hours etc...it is more subjective than most...just looking for opinions.

Glad to hear your A series is functioning well.

SD-Dave

/ ToolCat Deal #4  
SD-Dave,

When I looked at the new turbo model the dealer indicated that unit listed for over $39k. That was a full cab unit with the road package, no attachments. At the time there were no incentive programs going on so that was the starting point. We never got to the point of discussing any percentage off and I have no idea what a decent discount would be. I would guess the more attachments you buy the better the percentage off.

I paid $31k for my unit with attachments. Not sure what that equates too for the Toolcat alone. I located it on machinerytrader.

dsb