ToolCat opinions and help for newbie

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie #11  
What happened to BrianSouthernMD??? He typically posts at least every couple of days and his last post was several weeks ago. Hope all is well.

I was expecthing him to jump into this thread because of all the research and testing he did with mowers for Toolcats.

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie #12  
I've been wondering where BrianSouthernMD has been myself. He is usually one of the first members to respond to my posts in the Toolcat forum.

dsb

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie
Yes, reading all the previous posts in this forum he seems to have some pretty strong points and good info...was really welcoming some comments info etc.

any comments on hill climbing side slope mowing...traversing ability of toolcat?

SD-Dave

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie #14  
SD-Dave,

It's tough to give you feedback without knowing your property. In my limited use, it it very stable on hills/slopes when the ground is fairly dry. I take it any where I take the ag tractor. Recently, we have had wet snow on top of ground that was froze from a few inches deep down but the surface was slimy. It's difficult to compare how the Toolcat performed vs. the ag tractor but I was able to do what I wanted to do. I did need to switch to front wheel steer and use the rear differential lock a few of times. For where I live those are the worst conditions. I have slid the unit several times but I attribute that to the R4 tires.

I think you need to arrange a demo on your property. That will answer a lot of your questions.

dsb

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie
DSB

I will definitely be demo-ing the toolcat at home later this spring...if the pricing I recieve seems OK.

Was interested in stability on slope sides mowing etc...seems with low center of gravity etc... it would be better than my rather tall tractor.

Any price info as to what kind of deal you recieved on yours? ie. how much off in dollars or percentage? any help to ensure a fair deal would be appreciated.

Thanks

SD-Dave /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie #16  
SD-Dave,

I won't be much help with the pricing, I bought used. I believe there are previous posts that discuss pricing.

I paid thousands of dollars less for a used one with attachments than I would have been able to buy a new one without any attachments. Also, for the amount I did finance I got what I consider to be a very good interest rate.

dsb

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie #17  
Although not a toolcat owner...yet, I also miss BrainSouthernMD informative and detailed posts.

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie #18  
I cannot imagine where BrianSouthernMD has been so long. He was kinda the pack leader here. Toolcat forum has been pretty quiet without him. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie #19  
We use our Toolcat for mowing. We have to mow very steep,rough terrain and it performs very well. Our only problem has been that debris collects in the radiator and we have to clean it out after 2 hours. The new brush cat is awesome!!

/ ToolCat opinions and help for newbie #20  
We use our Toolcat for mowing. We have to mow very steep,rough terrain and it performs very well. Our only problem has been that debris collects in the radiator and we have to clean it out after 2 hours. The new brush cat is awesome!!