Tools & equipment that are fantastic.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic.
If you like that hammer, try an Estwing E3 28oz mill face framing hammer.
I’ve pounded in 100’s of thousands of nails with mine. It’s a perfect hammer and I can’t destroy it.

View attachment 774826
That's the exact hammer my contractor friend/neighbor has. Who knows how many houses, decks, etc he's built with it.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #92  
I confess to brand loyalty when it comes to battery powered tools, specifically 18v ryobi rotary and hammer drill, leaf blower, vacuums, imact gun,flashlights, skill saw, sawzall, disc grinder, and more. Because they work and they all use the same battery and charger. I bought (over the yrs) many big and small ryobi batteries and aftermarket ryobi batteries. I mark the yr of purchase on the bottom just to track performance. Not a day goes by I don't use one of these tools. Last yr I recycled a 2014 battery. Ryobi tools are pretty darn good. The little skill saw and sawzall rock. They will do whatever you can do.
+1 on Ryobi 18v tools. I've probably got 10 of them now. 10-12 years ago someone gave me a couple (no batteries) that were mid-00s vintage. Discovered that the new batteries were still compatible, and just for the sake of standardizing stuck with them. All have stood up well.

I have to say that this worklight is one that exceeded my expectations. Didn't set out to get it but I needed batteries, and HD had a deal where you got a "free" tool if you bought a 2 pak of batteries. It was the last day of the sale, and the selection was pretty picked over, all that was left was this or a leaf blower (which I have no use for). Man, is this thing bright!! Unlike so many worklights it can be positioned so it actually shines on the work and not in your eyes or off to the ceiling, etc.
1671205467236.png

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #93  
That's the exact hammer my contractor friend/neighbor has. Who knows how many houses, decks, etc he's built with it.
IF you swing a steel handled hammer long enough your chances of developing elbow and tendon trouble greatly increase over a wood handled hammer.
I swung a hammer for more than 3 decades

Last edited:
   / Tools & equipment that are fantastic.
IF you swing a steel handled hammer long enough your chances of developing elbow and tendon trouble greatly increase over a wood handled hammer.
I swung a hammer for more than 3 decades
Building things here we use air nailer, but still use steel hammer a lot. He's in his 50s, no problem yet.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #96  
I had this conversation with my Nephew. His face got red and he quietly said "if you hit the nail properly the hammer head doesn't need to be rough". We both laughed and I learned. :)
And due to less deformation of the nailhead the smooth blow is more intense.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #97  
Here's the rough in hammer my Nephew uses. I was very impressed by it.

I worked with some young guys, they loved their $200 stilettos, but they were raised on air (guns) and that hammer was just for occasional use and nail pulling. Since it just hung in their bags most of the day the light weight and show off price is appealing.😆 Their custom made bag (some guy in AK) although very expensive seemed to be well made and made to order. 👍
I'm mostly "razzing" these guys and fully understand pride in your tools, fashionable or not.😉

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #98  
I’m going to say without a doubt my Fenix PD35 flashlight is my most used and best tool I have . It’s in my pocket every single day and is used multiple times a day . I like them so much I bought 3 of them . You can even shine deer with them on high .

Attachments

• C085DE50-CA19-4A6D-B4A4-121891E2AAE3.jpeg
    C085DE50-CA19-4A6D-B4A4-121891E2AAE3.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 68