Tools & equipment that are fantastic.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #321  
Sorry for the loss of your Dad. Would give me a very comfortable feeling to have my Dad's tools in my shop. You were Blessed!!!

And then there's those that complain about having to "clean up" their Dad's stuff. :)
Thank you for your condolences! But the ol' guy is still kickin' at 97, just not using his tools like he once was so he figured I should have them. Such a blessing to have them in my shop! So much great stuff! I plan on making a post about all the gems soon, just haven't got around to it yet.

He and mom (whom is 20 years younger) will be moving 500 feet down the road from us this spring. Look forward to having him work with me in the shop using his tools.

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic.
Just now. Pitch dark outside. Only this penlight for illumination. Inside this part of garage, 40 ft to window. Kitten 8 ft away on counter.
Outside, 40ft to small shed.
Outside, 50ft to Cub Cadet mower.
I have brighter ones, this is fine to see where you're going.
20230225_201634.jpg
20230225_201825.jpg
20230225_201752.jpg

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic.
   / Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #326  
Thank you for your condolences! But the ol' guy is still kickin' at 97, just not using his tools like he once was so he figured I should have them. Such a blessing to have them in my shop! So much great stuff! I plan on making a post about all the gems soon, just haven't got around to it yet.

He and mom (whom is 20 years younger) will be moving 500 feet down the road from us this spring. Look forward to having him work with me in the shop using his tools.
That's awesome!!! Thanks for the clarification!! Made me smile!!! 😎

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #327  
I was working on my F150 today thinking of a couple great things I bought years ago. One is this Fisher pneumatic lift, $800 delivered. As a teenager I worked at a service station that had a 4 post lift and a Fisher lift exactly like this one. We rarely ever used the 4 post since this is easier. I use 6 jack stands (I know it's overkill).
The other is a portable HF compressor, $90 on sale. I have a large 2 stage shop compressor but again, convenient. I built so many things with it using air nailers, impact wrenches, etc.
Curious what tools/equipment others have that weren't all that expensive at the time that are useful.View attachment 774215

Speaking as a mechanic, these lifts are fantastic when working out in the yard. Ironically, my first house had a garage larger than the house with a lift and support equipment and everywhere I've lived since hasn't has space for a shop, let alone shop equipment and I have over 100K in hand tools. Anyway, chalk the wheels, and pop one end for whatever reason up on air! I'd like to have one, but in my current space-challenged garage, I don't even have space for a centerless tire changer (a thing I should just get and have for stupid reasons—if for no other reason than changing out UTV tires).

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #328  
My latest discovery is Milwaukee cordless tools. I've had DeWalt for 15 years. What an upgrade!!!!! No comparison.

In manufacturing Panasonic cordless tools are God's gift but at $2200 for a tool, nobody on the consumer end even knows about Panasonic because they are remarkably out of the price range of anybody but heavy assemblers on assembly lines. So after twelve years, and more than enough consideration, I decided to get into third generation Milwaukee M18 (and I have some ten-year-old M28, but they don't make that stuff anymore).

Anyway, my buddy Mark (who is frequently seen on my YouTube channel) is unexpectedly bounced from one remote job to another remote job in another part of our country tells me he need to buy more power tools for the new remote job and that he needs more Dewalt tools like another hole in the head (the guy has endless Dewalt tools that he has shipped home from jobs), so I told him to buy M18 junk this time around and I'd buy it off of him for wholesale prices. LOL

The best source of into I've found on cordless tool comparisons is the Torque Test Channel on YouTube.

and watch out everybody, Harbor Freight's stuff is getting better and better!

/ Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #329  
Guide me.
Feyachi tactical FL17 or similar (cheap but works) model numbers are mostly for the mount or I have an older IProtec (don't think they make it any more) that goes 200 meters when turned up and tight focus, eats batteries but is murder on raccoons.
The Feyachis is close and comes with 2 rechargeable batts.

Last edited:
   / Tools & equipment that are fantastic. #330  
I vaguely remembering owning a Panasonic cordless drill about the same time as Makita's 9.6v drill was popular, but I haven't seen another Panasonic drill since.