Tooth Bar Home Run

/ Tooth Bar Home Run #1  

Matt W

Silver Member
Tractor
65, 3000 Ford D, Terramite T6
I've been looking for a tooth bar since getting the T6 a few months back. Everything I found was a long drive and somewhat expensive. Picked this up today 5 miles from my home for $80!!! Looks like I'll be cutting 3 inches from both ends and welding it back together. Unless someone here has a better idea of where to remove the 6 inch excess?
18F37B63-8946-419C-BFFA-7610F6D6E68C_1_201_a.jpeg

/ Tooth Bar Home Run #2  
Suggest cutting 6" from the middle with one weld in the center with a gusset from the removed piece to reinforce it.

Or cut 6" off one end - goal to only have one weld joint.

/ Tooth Bar Home Run #4  
I cut off one end of mine, to make it fit... I wouldn't do two unless you like to weld!!! Dang, $80 bucks... I got mine for $100 and thought I stole it!!!

/ Tooth Bar Home Run
Thanks all, but I just couldn't do it asymmetrically. The cutting and welding was a pleasure compared to grinding all the shanks to fit my slightly thicker bucket lip than what they were meant for.
Yeah Old and tired, I didn't even attempt to dicker. There was rust but no wear, used just enough to get the paint off the teeth.
F69E9F0F-B076-445E-833B-77187F8FCEAD_1_201_a.jpeg

/ Tooth Bar Home Run #6  
Good job, did the same for a tooth bar that came off of a Bush Hog 2240 QT that was on 1710 Ford. I made 2 cuts per side so that I could keep symmetrical teeth pattern. 2 welds and it was a done deal. Painted it Chevrolet Orange and it looks like a factory tooth bar on the Kubota Orange 66 inch bucket on my L 3901. Picked up another Kubota bucket from used equipment dealer and now I don't have to take the tooth bar out ,just do the quick attachment thing and don't have to lift 120 lb tooth bar in and out of bucket. BTW , had to add a 4 inch wide X 1/2 thick X 66 inch long steel filler plate to account for difference between the 2 different bucket lip thickness.

/ Tooth Bar Home Run
Thanks, you were lucky to get to add material for a good fit. Believe me removing material inside the V of those hard shanks was a challenge.