Tooth bar

/ Tooth bar #51  
Quote:
When I have a need to remove my tooth bar, I use a 115v impact wrench on those two bolts. It makes very short work it.

LOL, with the combination of rust and grit under my tooth bar I don't even need the 2 bolts anymore.
On the other hand I have never really found that I actually wanted it off.

/ Tooth bar #52  
Quote:
When I have a need to remove my tooth bar, I use a 115v impact wrench on those two bolts. It makes very short work it.

LOL, with the combination of rust and grit under my tooth bar I don't even need the 2 bolts anymore.
On the other hand I have never really found that I actually wanted it off.
Apparently not.

I should have stated on the rare occasions when I have a need to remove my tooth bar. Only twice in the last four years. That was to back drag freshly spread topsoil. Other than that my tooth bar is always attached to the bucket. It really makes clearing blow downs and other debris from old logging trails much easier too.

/ Tooth bar #53  
I sure hope the Piranha Tooth Bar works on willows as everyone says it does. Does it cut them off at ground level or must you dig them out? Come on Spring!

/ Tooth bar #54  
I sure hope the Piranha Tooth Bar works on willows as everyone says it does. Does it cut them off at ground level or must you dig them out? Come on Spring!

I think the best way is to come up against the willow, engage it with the toothbar but don't push too hard, and roll the bucket back while creeping forward. That is what I do with the manzanita that I'm trying to get out and it is a bit tougher than a little willow.

I suppose, if you put the toothbar at just skim the dirt setting and went forward at a slow but steady speed, you could cut off the saplings at that level, but willows will likely come back from the root in the ground. Heck, the English make garden fences of willow saplings cut off and stuck into the ground and they almost always grow.

1 forecast.jpg

/ Tooth bar #55  
I think the best way is to come up against the willow, engage it with the toothbar but don't push too hard, and roll the bucket back while creeping forward. That is what I do with the manzanita that I'm trying to get out and it is a bit tougher than a little willow.

I suppose, if you put the toothbar at just skim the dirt setting and went forward at a slow but steady speed, you could cut off the saplings at that level, but willows will likely come back from the root in the ground. Heck, the English make garden fences of willow saplings cut off and stuck into the ground and they almost always grow.

View attachment 546824

The bevel cut on the Piranha looks as though it might just shear those willows off.

Never thought of a willow fence before. I did make a hedge once but D.O.T. came by and hydroaxed it. P***ed me off because it took several years of trimming to look nice.