Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines

/ Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines #21  
That JD grader you run is certainly a magnificent looking piece of machinery.
Are there pros to the Cat over the Deere, or pros to the Deere over the Cat?

No more or less than Chevy versus Ford. :)

/ Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines #22  
Cat vs Deere always comes down to control lay out . Iso vs SAE most machines are switchable some arn't. I'm use to Deere if I get in a Cat control machine I'm lost.:fiery::banghead::drink:

/ Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines #23  
Cat vs Deere always comes down to control lay out . Iso vs SAE most machines are switchable some arn't. I'm use to Deere if I get in a Cat control machine I'm lost.:fiery::banghead::drink:

In the grader world they only had one standard until CAT introduced joysticks.

CAT only offered joysticks for several years. Finally enough operators complained and now they offer standard rack or joystick.

Deere offers three choices. Standard rack, Joystick and fingertip controls.

/ Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines #24  
I have watched graders and pans on the job and always said that must be a boreing a-s job. Kinda like the guys driving the power trowels and steam rollers.:drink:

/ Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines #25  
I have watched graders and pans on the job and always said that must be a boreing a-s job. Kinda like the guys driving the power trowels and steam rollers.:drink:

One of my brother in laws is a heavy equipment operator. He said one of the most boring jobs is now running a dozer leveling a large pad area. He said he gets in the machine, turns on the computer, drives to a corner and it pretty much takes over from there.

/ Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines #26  
Yep, they had to resort to the satellite system because the skill levels have dropped so much. Most new ones couldn't carry a grade in a basket. Put them on a slope and watch....... As far as Cat to John Deere...Cat controls are the industry standard about all machines you can go back and forth or you can change a couple hoses.....Jon Deere doesn't make a excavator they are a Hitachi with a John Deere engine and paint jobbed of corse the high cost...... jim

/ Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines #27  

The grader I run has 9 control levers, a toggle switch, a gear shift lever, a steering wheel, clutch pedal, brake pedal and a foot throttle.

I'd really enjoy watching you be bored operating it. Heheheheh.

/ Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines #28  
The grader I run has 9 control levers, a toggle switch, a gear shift lever, a steering wheel, clutch pedal, brake pedal and a foot throttle.

I'd really enjoy watching you be bored operating it. Heheheheh.

Running a grader properly is an art. Most people can’t do it.

/ Top Five Frequently Used Construction Machines #29  
Running a grader properly is an art. Most people can稚 do it.

So TRUE!
In Shelburne, Nova Scotia, I used a retired county grader operator for my long driveway.
I swear that guy could thread a needle with an old Cat!
40 years experience..... and a GREAT guy too!
Sadly, he is gone now.....reportedly there were 600 people at his funeral.