Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK

/ Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK #1  

Frank_T

Tractor
JD 750 - Kioti TBD
Im planning to weld some bracing to the backhoe frame where Ive seen them crack,

and while Im at it, figured Id attach the hoe to the top link also to help stabilize it. Just not sure where to brace it to the hoe. Im thinking the seat post but looking for ideas.

Has anyone fab'd a brace to go from the backhoe to the top link on the 3-point on a CK or DK? If so can you post a few pics?

Thanks
Frank T

/ Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK #2  
Please do NOT attach your top link to the backhoe. This will prevent the backhoe subframe from flexing (which is normal) and create stress on the transmission bell housing, creating the potential for catastrophic failure of the transmission housing.
Some of the backhoes used to come with what looked like an attachment point for the top link, under the seat and tractor owners were doing this because they didn't know any better. Kioti issued a service bulletin to address this in 2008 and then they reissued it in 2013. I have attached a copy of the bulletin for your reference.

Adding additional reinforcement to the subframe itself should be perfectly fine, but do not attach it to the 3PT hitch.

Attachments

• CenterLinkDisconnect.pdf
    278.6 KB · Views: 258
   / Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK
Thanks Perry Power!

I Just found this pic today of a 2021 Kioti 2610 w/backhoe, looks like Kioti figured out additional bracing is needed on the subframe, not sure about that hole in the box for the linkage bolt on the RH side.. Id be interested to hear thoughts on that hole in the frame for the linkage bolt... like??? or no-like???

Attachments

• 2021 Kioti BH brace.jpg
    2021 Kioti BH brace.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
   / Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK
Just to add some detail on the new bracing plates from my previous post, they are on the innner and outer legs of the square tube, circled in Red

The questionable hole is shown with the blue circles....

1616716779999.png

Here is a guy that fixed a 2475 frame...

Frank T

/ Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK #5  
Please do NOT attach your top link to the backhoe. This will prevent the backhoe subframe from flexing (which is normal) and create stress on the transmission bell housing, creating the potential for catastrophic failure of the transmission housing.
Some of the backhoes used to come with what looked like an attachment point for the top link, under the seat and tractor owners were doing this because they didn't know any better. Kioti issued a service bulletin to address this in 2008 and then they reissued it in 2013. I have attached a copy of the bulletin for your reference.

Adding additional reinforcement to the subframe itself should be perfectly fine, but do not attach it to the 3PT hitch.
So I guess people that own these backhoes and the frame cracks are SOL!

/ Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK #6  
Im planning to weld some bracing to the backhoe frame where Ive seen them crack,

and while Im at it, figured Id attach the hoe to the top link also to help stabilize it. Just not sure where to brace it to the hoe. Im thinking the seat post but looking for ideas.

Has anyone fab'd a brace to go from the backhoe to the top link on the 3-point on a CK or DK? If so can you post a few pics?

Thanks
Frank T
Heres a couple pictures someone sent me of the top link fix.
9377537A-9BA7-412A-8255-5A149903069E.jpeg
990E4AFE-8195-49A4-86EE-DF9D63E259C6.jpeg
990E4AFE-8195-49A4-86EE-DF9D63E259C6.jpeg

/ Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK #7  
So I guess people that own these backhoes and the frame cracks are SOL!
That fix MAY help, by taking SOME of the strain off the top link where it is attached to the tractor!
I am not at all certain that I would bet the cost of a completely rebuilt tractor rear end on that modification.
If the hoe can be operated normally, without the top link being connected at all, I will become a believer!

Last edited:
   / Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK #8  
Don't want to derail the thread but this is how my KB2376 backhoe attaches to my LK30. Wonder why they stopped doing that. It so easy to install and remove. You simply pull the lever and off go the backhoe.

gMzCPiB.png

The down side I can see from your pictures is I have to remove the 3PH brackets to install the backhoe since it sits close to the tractor. On the plus side, there is less torsion on the frame being connected closer to that frame.

Last edited:
   / Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK #9  
I assume welding bracing on the frame would void the warranty. I wouldn’t want to do this until the end of the warranty period.

/ Top link brace for Backhoe on CK or DK #10  
I would not attach the top link to the backhoe. I am aware of multiple incidents, both for Kioti and Kubota tractors, where during backhoe use, the backhoe will severely stress the Top Link and it cracks the Transmission housing.