Tornadoes!

/ Tornadoes! #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
We had a tornado "outbreak" in North Texas last week, 16 confirmed. Worst damage was near Granbury TX. 6 fatalies in that one. Fast forward to Sunday-Monday, Oklahoma has got pummeled, I was watching the FOX network news and they where talking about the Shawnee OK. tornado on Sunday, then as they where reporting and flying over a big storm outside Oklahoma city, they caught a tornado developing and it ended up destroying much of Moore OK just minutes ago. The're reporting it as "1 mile wide"

I am watching them right now trying to get/find children that were in an elementary school, doesn't look good.

So, I think I will "re-start" considering a storm shelter. A local place is running a special on a 6'x8' with 6'2" tall, installed for $2999, pretty good deal if you ask me. I have had 2 at other places we have lived and they sure are a nice security blanket.

What do you have, or what plans do you have if your in a tornadoes path? I have been in one and had to hide from another, it "aint" no "joy ride"

/ Tornadoes! #2  
I am watching the same thing, our farm was hit by one when I was growing up and lost our barn and all of our out buildings including the outhouse. I think we have been moved into the designation of "Tornado Alley", but on the edge. When we built our house we put in a basement with some portions having steel I beams in the overhead flooring.

/ Tornadoes! #3  
While tornadoes aren't unheard of in out area of NC they do happen. We have a basement where we have spent some time riding out tornado warnings. I can't imagine livng in the areas in the Midwest where tornadoes are common.

I have a distant cousin that put in a storm shelter in at her Georgia home after tornadoes came close to her home a few months ago.

/ Tornadoes! #5  
When I was a kid living out in the country out of Healdton, OK, we had 2 cellars and it seemed to me that every time a cloud came up, we had to go to the cellar. Then we moved into town in Marlow, OK, and I was kind of glad we didn't have a cellar (yeah, I know, I wasn't the brightest kid around). But the elderly couple next door did have a cellar, so he always came and knocked on the door if there was a cloud anywhere and we still had to go to the cellar.:laughing: But now I wish we had one, or at least some kind of tornado shelter.

/ Tornadoes!
Bird, most Oklahoman's are well tuned in to tornado preparedness! After all, they hold the tornado meanness record!

My biggest wonder is, how if your in a EF1 or higher, how those cheap little vents stay in-tack?? Even if you survive the initial storm, you have to breath:laughing: One thing is to always let someone know where your shelter is so you can be cut out or whatever if needed.

/ Tornadoes! #7  
They're estimating 24 students killed. God bless them and their families.

Last edited:
   / Tornadoes!
WOW I had heard that all from one of the schools where accounted for, but there was what 2-3 schools?? Just saw it scroll across our TV that 50+ dead so far. just sad.

/ Tornadoes! #9  
Thoughts and prayers to all those who are suffering through this tragedy. May they find peace and comfort, if not today, soon.

To those TBN'rs in Oklahoma and other areas hit by this storm, We all pray for your safety. Hope you guys and gals are all safe and back with us soon.

/ Tornadoes! #10  
so sad. our prayers go out to those in OK.