Tiller Toro Dingo Harley rake vs full size skid steer Harley rake ?

/ Toro Dingo Harley rake vs full size skid steer Harley rake ? #1  

summit151

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1135
Hello so I am looking for some input and feed back. Here is my problem. So I own a cat 262c wheeled skid steer and would like to till up my old bumpy lawn and level is better and add some new grass seed. But the closet rental place i can find with a Harley rake for a full size skid steer is about 160km away and is roughly 200$ to rent for 24 hour period. There is a rental company in my town that rents a toro dingo and a Harley rake with it for 300$ for a 24 hour period. I would like to not have to drive and waste time and spend money on fuel. But i am doing roughly 2 acres of area for new grass and I am worried the smaller dingo won’t do as good as job has my skid steer? What would you guys recommend doing? Has anyone used both or one of them ?

/ Toro Dingo Harley rake vs full size skid steer Harley rake ? #2  
Have used both. How big is the one for the skid steer ? I assume the dingo is about 4 ft ?

I think your good to go either way. Personally if the local unit price is ok with you then rent it and get it done. The dingo units are used quite a bit in my area by the sod guys for tight spaces and maneuverability. The dingo are usually track based here and so less of a foot print, compaction, and issues. I assume your only going down 2 to 4 inches, at least at a time.

Some Harley rakes have a “box” around them and are good for keeping roots and larger stuff bunched up. Same for breaking up the clods a bit better. Not see that on the dingo units in case that affects your needs.

Another advantage of the dingo is you can dig / till with it, move dirt with your skid steer as needed and thus not have to swap buckets and attachments back and forth.

/ Toro Dingo Harley rake vs full size skid steer Harley rake ?
Thanks for the reply. Looks like the skid steer rake is about 72 inches wide. The dingo one is 48 inches wide. Does the dingo have the power that the skid steer has? How did it work compared to the dingo one besides the extra width? The dingo rake does have a box around it for levelling

Thanks for the reply. Looks like the skid steer rake is about 72 inches wide. The dingo one is 48 inches wide. Does the dingo have the power that the skid steer has? How did it work compared to the dingo one besides the extra width? The dingo rake does have a box around it for levelling

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2908.JPG

Here is some pics of the area I’m doing. It just rained also

/ Toro Dingo Harley rake vs full size skid steer Harley rake ? #5  
DSC00314.JPG

I have this Harley Pro 8. It is an amazing machine. It figured heavily in the preparation of this area at my place last week.

DSC04689.JPG

I removed maybe thirty truckloads of stone from this location, starting with an excavator.

I do wish I had the small Harley Rake for my Steiner, to better maneuver and get around trees. This may work better with a skid steer.

Before Picture. Can't see the stumps ans stones.

DSC04526.JPG

Last edited:
   / Toro Dingo Harley rake vs full size skid steer Harley rake ? #6  
BTW, IF you are going skid steer, you are going to want a pressurized cab! Not sure how uncomfortable the Dingo would be. Probably the Steiner wouldn't be any picnic in dry dusty conditions either.

/ Toro Dingo Harley rake vs full size skid steer Harley rake ? #7  
The dingos I have used have plenty of power to run the attachments.

The skid steer is a pressurized cab. I am worried the dingo will take twice as long and not do has good of job has the skid steer?

/ Toro Dingo Harley rake vs full size skid steer Harley rake ? #9  
Dingo bound to take longer. Not see how it do any worse job than the skid steer. Perhaps better.