Touch screen repair.

/ Touch screen repair. #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
My son’s 2017 Chrysler 300 had the touch screen delaminate. It’s got 90,000 miles on it and has spent a lot of time parked outside. The problem with the touch screen going bad is it controls everything so it was randomly changing things rapidly and constantly like the heat and ac. They make a new cover for them, a cheap $30 repair that we did. The results are fair to poor. When you peel the old cover off the screen there is a massive mess of glue left behind. It’s got a couple of scratches now and a couple of faint rainbow areas but it does function.

A new screen off of Amazon is maybe $280 and a new Mopar one is $680. I’ve read where people are quoted $2000 for a new one installed. A good mechanic could install a new one in half an hour.

I can remember the simple knobs and levers, no more I guess.

/ Touch screen repair. #2  
There should be a lot of information online about replacing cell phone screens. Perhaps different from your Chrysler. The hard part is getting the old screen separated. They make a really good glue to put them back together.

/ Touch screen repair.
I guess when I reread my post I wasn’t clear, we did the cheap $30 repair, so-so results. There are YouTube videos but those always make it look easy, they are staged and they have already done the repair before so they make it look smooth.

/ Touch screen repair. #4  
Have you checked out infotainment.com? They have a repair service and I think you might be able to order parts from them. Worth checking out.

/ Touch screen repair.
I did see some places you could send it in for repair. The one I saw seemed like it was a little under $400.

/ Touch screen repair. #6  
One of the Ford Explorers at work had a radio/infotainment center go bad. Fleet management initially said no way they'd pay $1200 to replace a radio; but couldn't control AC or anything without it, so they ended up paying.

/ Touch screen repair. #7  
This is one of the sad realities of going to such integrated systems in cars.

My 2001 Lexus has the radio and climate control integrated

Best bet is to suck it up and buy the unit from Chrysler. Some of them may require programmed to match the vehicle.

I looked at putting a town and county radio in my caravan to gain the media stuff but you needed extra stuff due to the Ac and dash being integrated in

/ Touch screen repair. #8  
I'd get the new $280 one from Amazon. First I'd see how difficult replacement would be...but 1/2hr sounds not difficult.

/ Touch screen repair. #9  
My daughter and SIL had a Honda CR-V the touch screen went out on one month after the warranty expired. That's always been my families kinda luck. Anyway it had to be replaced to the tune of $1000+ since it controlled EVERYTHING.