Toy box

/ Toy box #1  

MikeD74T

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45S
Borrowed a digital camera last weekend so am posting away!! Hope I'm not boring anyone. Took some of my "toyboxes".
Old toybox is self explanatory. New is 38X50 with plans to add another 30 in length. The offset roof is a result of the trusses being salvaged from a farm that had a feed bunk overhang and proximity to my leach field. Having a 10' overhang is handy for leaving things outside but under cover. Walls are 18' high from floor. Has a loft down one side. I have the extension trusses stacked close togeather on the walls at the rear of the barn, just have to spread onto new walls when built. Is on concrete foundation with dirt floors to date. Except for crane operator lifting the trusses I've done all this myself with occasional help from a couple of friends.
There's also a couple of pics of "camp", my retirement home

Attachments

• old toybox.JPG
    old toybox.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 322
  • New toybox 1.JPG
    New toybox 1.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 314
  • New toybox2.JPG
    New toybox2.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 316
  • New toybox3.JPG
    New toybox3.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 280
  • camp back.JPG
    camp back.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 283
  • Camp front.JPG
    Camp front.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 283
   / Toy box #2  
Nice job! How do you like the metal roof on your "camp". We have been looking at them. Our current roof collects all the soot from our woodburner and makes the shingles look horrible. Congrats on the new toy box too!
forgeblast

/ Toy box
Will put metal roofs on everything I build going forward. The house part is heavily insulated. The porch & garage are not and are noisy in the rain. I like the noise but it can get quite loud. The neatest thing about a metal roof, besides it's long life & snow shedding ability, is that you can quickly & easily remove any panel for access or repair. Since my "attic" has no access point I've done this a couple of times, once to build the chimney & the second to run a wire.

/ Toy box #4  
You have a funny way of naming things. hahaha I really expected to see a tool box or something that attached to your tractor!!!!

Very nice "toybox" hahahaha

Eddie

/ Toy box
EddieWalker, My wife had the "toy box" sign painted. She got the idea from one of her friends that did the same for her husband's shop. He was insulted by his sign, I think it's kind of cool.
It doesn't show in the pics but I cast my initials & the year 2002 with 4" letters into the foundation at the left front. I've told my wife to scatter my ashes there & that will be my headstone.
At the rear at the top level are windows that overlook a hillside meadow. This makes a fine hunting camp as well. Wish I had your pig population, nothing better than a steady supply of fresh pork. MikeD74t