Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson

/ Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson #1  

BobRip

Elite Member
Tractor
2000 Power Trac 422
My grandson was driving my PT 422 this past weekend. He used the backhoe on Sunday and dug a trench. He lives about 100 miles away and does not get down here very often. I am looking for a toy version similar in function to the 422. Has anyone seen anything like that? He has a birthday in June and will be seven then. A minihoe on the front would be ideal. A bucket would be ok too.

I asked Terry at PT and he did not know of one. He says I am not the first to ask.

/ Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson #2  
You have reset my age clock on what someone that young can do. Thanks!

Get a JD backhoe and repaint it for him?

Other than that, I think you are going to be bending sheet metal and welding one up for him. Might be a fun Make project.

All the best,

Peter

/ Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson
He was right on the edge of reaching the pedals. He really enjoyed playing with the PT until I tried to micromanage him. Sometime I need to bring him down for a few days and introduce him to woodworking, PT driving, welding and blacksmithing and whatever else I can. Maybe at age 10 or 11. I never taught my daughter (his mother) enough stuff and she is only a NASA engineer. Just kidding of course. She is working on Moon and Venus projects right now. I tried to post a video and could not get it to work.

/ Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson #4  
That sounds like a wonderful plan. (And a talented daughter and grandson!)

I look forward to seeing the video.

All the best,

Peter

/ Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson #5  
Funny how everything is relative.
Mine looks like a toy compared to the Cat 963 haha.
Good luck finding something for him but it seems to me spending more time with you would be a winner!!
20210510_115508.jpg

/ Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson #6  
Time is the most important thing you can give to any child.

But a pint size PT would be SO COOL! Maybe some electric motors and some wood....hmm....

/ Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson #7  
Clark Trapmaster, probably larger then your 422, but pretty flimsy and no front hoe

Attachments

• 000_0002.JPG
    000_0002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • Resized_20190812_095706.jpeg
    Resized_20190812_095706.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 74
   / Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson #8  
I have NEVER seen one of those @m5040 - very cool! Obviously built in the era before safety regs as I doubt those "foot pegs" would past muster nowadays. Still, things like that can sure be super helpful in the right application.

Our family has had a Farmall 560 with tricycle steering forever. We'll probably never get rid of it because that steering is the perfect moving-implements-around-the-lot machine. Mowing hillsides? Ah.....NOT GOOD! Ask me how I know. 🤠

/ Toy Power Trac for Six year old grandson #9  
I know it doesn’t answer your specific question but the things I remember most about my grandpa was the time spent with him and not the gifts.

Building models, skiing, going fishing ect