Toys (Scale Models)

/ Toys (Scale Models) #1  

BlackRaptor

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
This might be old news but i've always been on the lookout for the 2X20 3X20 4X20 series in a small toy form but I have never seen any. Guessing the large AG tractors sell better as toys
Anyways was walking through halmark and saw they had an Ornament of the 4120 open station on turfs.
Son needed his Christmas ornament for this year so it was an easy choice.
I don't have a 4X20 series but was happy to see something in the CUT line in toyish form

Attachments

• 4120.jpg
    4120.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 1,339
   / Toys (Scale Models) #2  
The reason there are not too many compact model tractors made is because even in 1/16 scale they are quite small and not overly desireable for their target audience. Scale Models has made some of New Hollands TC and of a Massey Ferguson compact around 10 years ago but their limited in what they can do with the tooling for them. A large company like RC2 (the one who makes Ertl) will seldom make a model that can't be used for multiple uses. The large tractors all look the same for the entire line usually so they make one mold but can produce almost every tractor in that line. With compacts the tractors change in physical size too much so they can usually only produce a couple models with each tooling. And every carpet farmer doesn't need multiple compact tractors like they do field tractors so they just don't sell. I do like that ornament you found though. Do you know roughly what scale it is? John Deere had Ertl produce some of their lawn mowers in the past.

/ Toys (Scale Models)
I would guess its 1/32. The only reason I think that is its a tiny bit larger than the 1/64 scale John Deere 8400 I have.

That also makes a lot of sense on why they don't make a lot of cut toys.

/ Toys (Scale Models) #4  
I found this compact at Wall mart couple years ago. Was with a truck and trailer set, I would say 1/32d scale..

P1010955.jpg

P1010958.jpg

P1010956.jpg

With my Gator...

P1010979.jpg

And full scale

photobucket-4708-1343249003606.jpg

/ Toys (Scale Models) #5  
Newt92, now that's pretty cool! :cool:

/ Toys (Scale Models) #7  
I too keep my eye open for Deere CUTs, so far I have the 4310 which is pretty cool. I also have the 320 Deere skid steer which almost matches my 317. :D I will have to get a picture of it by the 317 one of these days. You can see it in the upper part of my attached picture. :D
036.JPG

/ Toys (Scale Models) #8  
I too keep my eye open for Deere CUTs, so far I have the 4310 which is pretty cool. I also have the 320 Deere skid steer which almost matches my 317. :D I will have to get a picture of it by the 317 one of these days. You can see it in the upper part of my attached picture. :D
View attachment 294169

Nice collection! :thumbsup:

/ Toys (Scale Models)
Very nice.
Sure wish they would make a 3x20 or 4x20 cab series precision series. I have one of my 70. be neat if they made one of the modern CUTS but i know it will never happen.

/ Toys (Scale Models) #10  
My wife brought home a 4120 from Hallmark store and said it was mine. I said ok I will upgrade my tractor to match the ornament!!!