TR3 Rake/grader

/ TR3 Rake/grader #1  

BufordBoone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 & M7060
I've been eyballing the TR3 rakes for a long time. My interest is in repairing hog damage and road maintenance.

I've asked about them before (Jeff posted some good info) but wondered if any new experiences were out there.

They are expensive! Just wondering how many have them and believe they are worth it.

/ TR3 Rake/grader #2  
I've been eyballing the TR3 rakes for a long time. My interest is in repairing hog damage and road maintenance.

I've asked about them before (Jeff posted some good info) but wondered if any new experiences were out there.

They are expensive! Just wondering how many have them and believe they are worth it.
We have the TR3e (equine edition). I primarily use it for maintaining our two riding rings but I also grade our lane. I think the 'e' version has extra features to the regular TR3. If you take the time to set them up properly they are an awesome tool. We hold a lot of equine events so the rings get pretty compacted. Often a drag harrow won't even touch the 'damage' but the TR3 makes them like new in short order.
Pricey but well made. For the hog damage, maybe their landscaping version may suit your needs more. From memory (which ain't good), the landscaping one is very heavy duty.

/ TR3 Rake/grader #3  
TR-3 works great on our crushed stone driveway.

/ TR3 Rake/grader
The 6.5' Landscaping version I was considering (with hydraulic scarfiers) was on special. Even with the special pricing it was going to cost almost $7,200 (including tax).

That's a bit hard to justify for my needs.

/ TR3 Rake/grader #5  
The 6.5' Landscaping version I was considering (with hydraulic scarfiers) was on special. Even with the special pricing it was going to cost almost $7,200 (including tax).

They are proud of their rakes!

As pricey as they are, they are VERY high quality.

That kind of money sure could buy alternatives.

/ TR3 Rake/grader #6  
I have the lighter one with the horizontal blade for sub footing. It's worked good for me up until my last job. I was cleaning up a pile of plant matter begore tilling. It kept loading up under the scarfiers. I was backing up & raking with the grooming fingers. After a while they bent on one side.

I'm likely to look at the beefier landscaping one over the arena one I have. Just because I do more than arenas. The one I have works well though & I don't regret getting it. It worked fine until I abused it. Shouldn't be hard to re-bend the tweaked plate, or just replace that section.

/ TR3 Rake/grader #7  

I have posted about my "Command Series" TR3 rake several times.

I do not know if a York-Modern rake with scarifies would cost less, but it would be the only alternative I would suggest.

/ TR3 Rake/grader
I have posted about my "Command Series" TR3 rake several times.

I do not know if a York-Modern rake with scarifies would cost less, but it would be the only alternative I would suggest.

New is too much for me, Jeff. If you ever decide to sell yours, shoot me a PM.