Track Hoe Falls into Pit

/ Track Hoe Falls into Pit #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
The photo and story are in our University Student Newspaper this morning. Not too far from where I work in the Human Gene Therapy Center as I pass this work site everyday coming into work. It was a great show watching them winch him out after all the rain, one muddy mess!!! :D

(9/25/2007) An excavator machine that fell into a large pit behind the Mechanical and Aerospace Building B this weekend is retrieved by two winch-wielding tow trucks. Recent rainfall caused the earth beneath the excavator to give way, allowing the machine to slip into the pit and sink into the mud. The tow trucks, along with several workers, were successfully able to retrieve the machine.

Attachments

• Stuck Excavator.jpg
    Stuck Excavator.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,507
   / Track Hoe Falls into Pit #2  
SkyPup said:
The photo and story are in our University Student Newspaper this morning. Not too far from where I work in the Human Gene Therapy Center as I pass this work site everyday coming into work. It was a great show watching them winch him out after all the rain, one muddy mess!!! :D

(9/25/2007) An excavator machine that fell into a large pit behind the Mechanical and Aerospace Building B this weekend is retrieved by two winch-wielding tow trucks. Recent rainfall caused the earth beneath the excavator to give way, allowing the machine to slip into the pit and sink into the mud. The tow trucks, along with several workers, were successfully able to retrieve the machine.

It looks like the wreckers had a helping arm from the excavator to get it out. otherwise I would be willing to bet that those two wreckers could not pull it out.

/ Track Hoe Falls into Pit
No kidding, if the hoe's engine had gone under, there is no way the semi-rig tow trucks could have done any good, prolly would have needed a very large crane to retrieve the hoe then.

/ Track Hoe Falls into Pit #4  
SkyPup said:
No kidding, if the hoe's engine had gone under, there is no way the semi-rig tow trucks could have done any good, prolly would have needed a very large crane to retrieve the hoe then.

I wonder what something like that weighs? 40 ton????

/ Track Hoe Falls into Pit #5  
Just another case of a Deere not being able to handle the job.

WOW did say that ? Just kidding don't burn down my computer.

They are shown in the specs as weighing around 35 metric tons which is approx 77,000 lbs.

/ Track Hoe Falls into Pit #6  
jsborn said:
Just another case of a Deere not being able to handle the job.

WOW did say that ? Just kidding don't burn down my computer.

They are shown in the specs as weighing around 35 metric tons which is approx 77,000 lbs.

I was pretty darn close on the weight. The Deere got dunked.

/ Track Hoe Falls into Pit #7  
I would not have been standing within 100 yards of those winch cables.

/ Track Hoe Falls into Pit #8  
I bet you would be surprised what those 2 wreckers could pull out. Its amazing what operators can do with experience and snatch blocks. Never under estimate a good operator.

/ Track Hoe Falls into Pit #9  
McDenny's said:
I bet you would be surprised what those 2 wreckers could pull out. Its amazing what operators can do with experience and snatch blocks. Never under estimate a good operator.

A good operator, experience, never say die attitude, and a fair bit of luck, and then some more, to get that thing up that slippery slope!!;)

/ Track Hoe Falls into Pit #10  
A good operator never would have ended up inthe hole..