Trackhoe base for 3 point BH attachment?

/ Trackhoe base for 3 point BH attachment? #1  

o2batsea

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45C 2005
Forgive me if this has been covered. I have a fine 3 point sub frame detachable backhoe that is great for what it can do on a tractor. I find that there are many instances....mucking ditches in particular...where I wish I could turn the whole mess 90 degrees to the tractor. How wacky an idea is it to be able to mount this backhoe on a tracked unit that would let me rotate the implement whichever way I wanted? I guess it would involve building the track and drive, then some way to attach the attachment, then a way to both drive and control the contraption. Any ideas? Thanks.

/ Trackhoe base for 3 point BH attachment? #2  
You can build almost anything whether it will work is another matter. My concern would be the amount of weight so far back on the 3ph. You would need to use wheels to hold this much weight up to move it. If you build this please post some pics of it. I like to see how others reinvent things.

For me I would just get an excavator purpose built to start with.

/ Trackhoe base for 3 point BH attachment? #3  
Maybe just sell it and put the money towards a mini hoe? I'm willing to bet you would be money and more importantly usefulness ahead.