Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock?

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #11  
Bucket on the floor, box blade on the floor, one strap at each corner. My tractor doesn't move an inch.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #12  
Chocking is not an acceptable primary method of restraint per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the rule making body for commercial on road transportation.
Come on guys... the questions was How to chock - The biggest tires x2, diagonals 2x, all four corners 1x?
Straps or chains are considered the main method of securing a load. @sea2summit posted excellent information on load securing. You can chock, but the chocks must be secured to the trailer or they would fly off potentially leading to an unsecured load fine, and liability for any damage they might cause. The only chocking I normally see is where large coils will have wood chocks on each end and the wood is nailed to the trailer or secured with its own strap. I am not sure if your going to get much information on chocking as it is an unorthodox method of secondary securement that for most situations has more potential for issues than it solves.

If memory serves me right DOT (department of transportation) always liked to see individual chains/binders on each corner, one over the bucket, one over the backhoe and each implement having one or more as well. I prefer chains with ratcheting binders, however that is just a preference as there are pros and cons to each method.

I just wanna' know about how to chock, the best way.
I believe that 8 responses and not one believe chocking is advisable is a good answer to this question.
There are multiple threads on here on how to tie equipment down using chain or straps with some folks getting pretty excited in them. Do a search and read a few.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #13  
Come on guys... the questions was How to chock - The biggest tires x2, diagonals 2x, all four corners 1x?
I just wanna' know about how to chock, the best way.

Makes me glad I'm highly unlikely to drive anywhere near Richmond, VA.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #15  
Chocks would be a very bad idea on the highway. They are almost certainly going to loosen as you go and probably end up in some poor sap's windshield behind you. You got lots of good advice on strapping here...follow it and you will avoid problems.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock?
Did you read any of the responses?
Did anyone really read the questions?
Does anyone have experience with CHOCKING vehicles with different sized tires and vastly different weights (small tractors for example) on a plank trailer? (Please do not read in / add / invent any others words or content...)

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #18  
Does anyone have experience with CHOCKING vehicles with different sized tires and vastly different weights (small tractors for example) on a plank trailer? (Please do not read in / add / invent any others words or content...)

Are you just trolling at this point? Not only is chocking not an acceptable securement method by any standards the chocks themselves are likely to fall off and become a hazard.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #19  
Nobody has experience with what you're trying to do other than people who lost their chocks.
Nobody here will help you chock your vehicle tires on a plant trailer.

Everybody is trying to get you to understand that this isn't one of those "oh it's dangerous but if you do it just right it'll work". This is a "you will lose your chocks" and "your chocks if you're lucky won't hit another car as they come off of the trailer" and "your tractor will not stay in one place if you're trying to use chocks to keep it in one place".

Since you seem very vested in asking about chocking tires, I can't help but wonder if you're talking about strapping tires down to the trailer deck?
Regardless, read the suggestions and please take to heart that we are all well-intended here and would like nothing more than for you and your tractor to survive some upcoming trip. This is accomplished by using straps or chain and binders, to the axles and attached equipment, and not by chocks.

Hopefully you're just misusing "chock"/"chocks"/"chocking" here, but you're in danger of being assigned the "chock"/"chocks"/"chocking" pronouns at this point.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #20  
Aside from the absurdity of using chocks instead of proper tie downs, it would be hopelessly illegal on public roads.