Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser?

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #11  
I am a firm believer in Oil Eater. It's biodegradable and can be used in pressure washers and parts washers. I use to buy it at Costco but haven't been lately so I can't say if they still sell it. What sold me on it was when I was into motocross and had to clean the sticky spray oil used on chains off of everything that it would stick to when it flew off the chain. It seams to cut right through everything from grease to the smoke residue. I've used it on aluminum with no problems but I don't think I would let it soak. You can buy it by spray bottles, gallon jugs, 5 gallon pails, and even 55 gallon drums. Amazon sells it.

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #12  
Simple Green straight up and undiluted. Spray it on, let it set for 15 to 20, then hit it with a power washer. I finish up with a light mist of WD-40 to dissipate all the water and protect against rust. It makes it easier to clean next time, but you will get a minute or 2 of smoke from hot engine parts the next time you start up.

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #14  
Simple Green here also...

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser?
**** sounds like a whole lot of simple green. I guess I never knew of its degreasing properties. I mix it n spray bottles diluted for around the house cleaning all the time.

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #16  
What about tree sap? My - new to me - tractor has a bunch of tree sap on it, sticky as heck, almost no matter where you touch it - or sit!!!

Simple Green or something else?

Thanks,

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #17  
What about tree sap? My - new to me - tractor has a bunch of tree sap on it, sticky as heck, almost no matter where you touch it - or sit!!!

Simple Green or something else?

Thanks,

I use cream hand cleaner (Gojo or equiv.) like you would have in an auto shop. Then wash with water and soap after.

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #18  
goo gone will get it too..

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #19  
Purple power cleaner seems to work well for me

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #20  
TOTALLY AWESOME it is a yellowish liquid that comes from the dollar stores. You can buy it with a trigger style sprayer or in a larger jug. Same low cost 1.00. It will take care of the grease or tree sap. Have used it on cars ,tires, diesel engines,and on the tractors. If you can find it compare to simple green. You will be impressed.