Tractor for 7 acres

/ Tractor for 7 acres #41  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I'm just real leery of the badge engineered machines. )</font>

Curious what this means ?
What is badge engineering? )</font>

GM was good at "Badge Engineering" with Pontiac and Buick.
It's basically the same tractor from a manufacturer sold under a different name by the reseller.
The only differences might be the paint and a bit of sheet metal.
I'm guessing one would find this more with Chinese tractors right now...

Problem is...still no support or parts...the tractors you see buried in the woods behind someone's house or barn.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #42  
Was brought up not too far from you. That's some nice territory!

I'd look at 30 HP tractors and look up Ken Sweet who also lives in Kentucky. ( http://www.sweettractors.com/ ) I've done business with his crew all the way up here in upstate NY and am very satisfied.

He is a Kioti dealer and I think that is a fine and great tractor for the money.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #43  
I would think that 20-30 HP would be fine.

I have a Kubota L2600DT (27HP, 23 @ PTO) and have 9 acres (with lots of woods) and use the tractor at LEAST 20 hours per week brush hogging, wood plitting, chipping, etc.

While I sometimes wish I had more HP -- like when I use the stump grinder -- just have to go slower and anything with much more power woudl be to large to get around parts of the property.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #44  
"Think this is bad, try stating what oil you favor in th "oils" forum. "

Warmachine - beyond this forum, definitely go into the individual brand forums now that you are armed with dozens of opinions. Sounds like you could save yourself some bucks already having some mechanical knowledge. A good independent diesel mechanic can help you as far as support, if you decide to buy used, reconditioned, or from a lesser known brand. Find a good dealer that offers customer support after the sale.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #45  
<font color="blue"> Not afraid of working on tractors - replaced transmissions, transfer cases, engines and various components both external and internal on engines/transmissions/axles - but I need to know I can get parts. Don't even have to have a local dealer as long as I can call/email and get parts UPSed to me - might even consider a crate tractor if savings is there. </font>

Hey WarMachine,

I looked at all of the same possibilities that you are looking at, when I bought my Jinma224 Tractor in 2004.

I really wanted a JD, NH, MF, Kioti, Mahindra, Kabota, or a nice used tractor, but the new prices, were just to much, and the used Tractors were just too used.

So I opted for my 2nd Chinese Tractor. I also have 7 acres, and wanted the 24hp Jinma254, but that would have been another 1K for me. So I opted for the Jinma224. So far with 130 hours, it is getting the jobs done. The Engine is between 20 and 22hp. Some say 20, others say 22. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got my 224 for $4850, out the door(Assembled & Brand New). It has PS, 4WD, Canopy, Creeper Gear Box, Spring Seat(Adjustable to Body Weight), Rear Wheel Weights & Front end bumper Weights, 3 cylinder Diesel. Parts do not seem to be a problem with the Jinma Tractors. I get most of my maintenance parts from JinmaParts.com.

There was also a Dealer in NY, selling 354 Kama's, 35hp, 4WD, for $6000, a while back, and he would have shipped me the tractor down here to the Gulf Coast for about 800 dollars.

Appologies in advance to: JD, Ford, NH, MF, Kabota, Mahindra, Kioti, Long, International, Case, Allis Chalmer, Gleaner, Moline, and any others not mentioned.

I hope this helps & Best of Luck with your New Tractor Search.

Get Your Tractors Running &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif