Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good?

/ Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good? #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
Saw this on FB marketplace. It is a forestry mulcher with its own engine. Has anyone used one of these? Are they any good?
It kind of looks like a home grown thing.
Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 7.31.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-09 at 7.31.31 AM.png

/ Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good? #2  
Just looking at pictures it looks pretty light duty compared the commercial grade stuff on skid steers but depending on what you want to do it might work fine.

/ Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good?
Oh, I am not planning on buying it. They want $6k for it, if I had $6k to spend that is not what I would be spending it on. Just wondering if anyone have seen/used such a thing.

/ Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good? #4  
Forest mulcher normally requires big horse power to drive it, but this small gasoline engine looks like a little baby.

/ Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good? #5  
That looks like a regular 5hp lawn mower engine. You know - the kind that bogs down in some heavy grass if you don't get to mow for a few extra days. I think it is kinda laughable to think it can do any damage to brush and trees. Heck even a 23hp riding mower engine probably isn't enough to make a dent in anything.

I have run across outdoor power equipment in the past like this. Something that just can't do ANYTHING much less the job it is intended for. In my young naiive days I rented a small stump grinder for some small stumps. Made sense to me. Fingernails did more stump removal than that thing did. And I mean I even tried it on some 2" dia "stumps" from some saplings I cut down after finding it not working at all on 6" stuff. Nothing. It was that useless. Returned it and told them it was useless and they acted like it was my fault for renting it 🤪 Well if it is that useless, why do you even have it?

/ Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good? #6  
Quick search shows it's this company.

Looks like they make huge to small equipment. That one is listed under UTV products. It appears to be 40" wide and weigh 350#. No info as to the engine size.

/ Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good?
Looks slow but reasonable capable.
Definitely not worth $6000

/ Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good? #9  
Rent a forestry mulcher on a CTL. After you shoot a few logs or stones through your under carriage like they were shot out of a cannon you will be happy you rented a machine with armour plating under the cabin and one inch thick bullet proof glass in front of you. Now look under your tractor and see what's exposed and unprotected.

/ Tractor Forestry Mulcher - Any good? #10  
Agree, rent one of these. The abuse these mulchers place on the machine is pretty severe.

7C8815E8-25FB-4ED0-9689-C61F9B120FD0.jpeg